Data Analyst - Content Analytics
Santa Monica, CA
Universal Music Group (UMG) is seeking a passionate and collaborative business intelligence professional to join our growing Global Audience Development team.
The Audience Intelligence Specialist will play a crucial role in developing how the Global Audience Development program communicates performance at all levels of the organization. This position will tap into UMG's extensive audience data to build automated data and reporting solutions for stakeholders ranging from internal teammates and front-line marketers to senior executives and will have an influential voice in how the team's data infrastructure evolves.
The ideal candidate has a solid technical foundation with an eye for creativity and hands-on experience developing automated reporting solutions for non-technical stakeholders. They come with an excitement about learning UMG's business and a willingness to get their hands dirty.
How you'll CREATE:
• Collaborate with stakeholders to design and build reports (in Tableau/Domo/Looker or similar) covering all facets of the Global Audience Development program
• Prepare and maintain tables on UMG's audience data sets for efficient consumption by BI apps (Tableau, Domo, Looker, etc.)
• Gather stakeholder requirements and work with IT and marketing technology teams to determine proper ''source of truth'' for all key metrics
• Work with cross-functional stakeholders on data taxonomies and metadata needs to ensure data in reporting solutions is represented and grouped accurately
• Engage with IT and marketing technology teams on data instrumentation, orchestration and QA to ensure data completeness and fidelity
• Build diagnostic tools to ensure day-to-day operation of dashboards and underlying data tables
• Occasionally respond to ad hoc requests for data and reports
Bring your VIBE:
• 2+ years professional in a business intelligence or analytics role; experience working with data in a marketing, media or CRM context a plus
• Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and juggling multiple priorities
• Ability to visualize data in effective and creative ways that resonate with business stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience designing reports in business intelligence platforms (Tableau, Domo, Looker, etc.)
• Proficient in pulling/manipulating data using SQL (any flavor) and optimizing data tables for ingestion by BI applications (Tableau/Domo/Looker/etc)
• Keen eye for detail and ability to thoroughly conduct QA
• Experience with basic data engineering concepts; development experience in Python/Java a plus
• Working understanding of enterprise data platforms and concepts (AWS/GCP cloud environments, digital measurement methods, CDPs, DMPs) as an analyst; exposure to how these systems are implemented and tested is a plus
• Basic understanding of common project management methodologies (Scrum/Agile, Kanban, etc) and software (Jira, Asana, Monday, etc)
• Past exposure to key measures of success in digital marketing, CRM and direct-to-consumer a plus
• Willingness to get to know your stakeholders and be a student of the UMG business
• A passion for music and entertainment
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.