Manager, Global Client Services
Universal Music Group
Woodland Hills, CA
We are currently seeking to fill the role of Associate Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of account management including income tracking, creating and managing artist accounts to ensure that we are accurately reporting royalties and participations to artists and third parties in accordance with the applicable agreements and licenses. You will also be responsible for accuracy in monthly royalty expenses and accruals, cash forecasting and partnering with label management on artists projects.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty and participation reporting and to many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
How you'll CREATE:
• Review and administer statements for artists and third-party participants.
• Communicate with various parties (internal and external) to obtain contracts and verify participation splits to ensure all obligations are executed in accordance with contract terms and understandings of all contractual parties.
• Work with Label management to evaluate recording funds, deal profitability, deal renewals and option triggers.
• Track new projects and recording activity in Studio Hub and update the relevant systems and processes for all participants and all releases.
• Review contracts and briefs prepared by Business Affairs for accounting obligations.
• Create and manage accounts.
• Prepare, review and statement any assigned A&R participations and soundtrack reporting.
• Support UMG Finance with Joint Venture and Distribution reporting.
• Answer all daily inquiries from internal and external clients in a timely and professional manner.
• Perform monthly analysis of global revenues, revenue trends and unprocessed revenues. Work with income processing groups to clear any unprocessed revenues.
• Perform monthly analysis of expenses for key accounts to ensure they are in line with contract terms. Prepare and post corrections to the relevant systems.
• Process & review foreign Joint Venture revenue
• Build & manage revenue related reports in the Royalty Data Warehouse
• Prepare, post, and reconcile journal entries is SAP
• Assist with training of new employees.
• Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines with little oversight
• Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and OneNote
• Ability to learn new concepts quickly and efficiently
• Accountability for deliverables
• Collaborative nature
• Commitment to work overtime as required
• Minimum 3 years work experience preferred
• Experience with recording contracts and royalty accounting preferred.
• Experience with participations or residuals.
• Experience with Financial Accounting (including journal entry preparation and accruals)
• Qualification (four-year college degree or certificate) in Music Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbvy1-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.