Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a Customer Engagement Assistant Manager to join our eCommerce group, sitting on a cross-functional team dedicated to supporting UMe's eCommerce initiatives. This person will have the opportunity to help craft and execute campaigns on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world, driving eCommerce customer engagement initiatives across UMe's roster. They will influence and collaborate with stakeholders across all label departments (product development, merchandising, A&R, commerce, and data & analytics) and artist management to organize, plan and collaborate in the execution of customer engagement campaigns for artists not only across release and touring schedules but also ''off-cycle'' promotions of artist-relevant eCommerce opportunities.
Candidates should have experience driving direct-to-consumer marketing programs, with expertise in the customer journey across channels. They must be the organizing force in driving direct-to-consumer campaigns for the UMe eCommerce team.
How you'll CREATE:
• Work collaboratively with central and label marketing teams to activate eCommerce campaigns in collaboration with UMe-operated and artist-managed eCommerce sites, including email, social media, SEO/SEM, paid media, affiliate and influencer marketing, SMS and messaging, and broader optimization strategies.
• Maintain a deep understanding of our consumer segments and trends, working with the CRM team to build targeted customer journeys that deepen the fan-to-artist connection and increase customer lifetime value.
• Work with the analytics team and key stakeholders to manage and deliver campaign reporting to the label and artist teams.
• Assist development of and execution against comprehensive, targeted, and creative content strategy and messaging plans across channels, bespoke to the artist or store brand.
• Partner with front-line customer experience/customer service teams to ensure the fan is at the center of everything we do.
• Use data analytics to optimize campaign performance against commercial and audience development goals on an ongoing basis.
• Research and formulate ways to optimize the user experience (landing pages, customer journeys, streamlined purchase funnel, etc.).
• Work hand in hand with teammates across creative planning, store management, operations & customer service to collectively deliver a great customer experience to our fans and UMe's artists.
• Manage Customer Engagement Assistant(s) and/or interns, supervising all daily tasks:
• Report to the manager on the performance of individual reports, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling reports; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
Bring your VIBE:
• 2-4 years experience managing eCommerce customer engagement campaigns from ideation to execution.
• Rich understanding of music fandom and the fan experience, specific to different artists and genres, particularly within the UMe roster.
• Strong understanding of consumer behavior and digital marketing trends across social media, CRM, and media buying.
• Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
• Creative approach to problem-solving.
• Exceptional verbal and written abilities - communication skills are essential (both internally and externally).
• Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
• High level of comfort presenting to groups both over the phone and in person.
• Strong attention to detail; must be extremely detail-oriented.
• Self-starter attitude capable of owning important responsibilities and seeing them through to completion with little oversight.
• Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines.
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing client needs in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS.
• Strong passion for the music industry required. Experience in the music industry, particularly within a label, is a major plus.
• Experience with Shopify is a plus.
• Basic Photoshop and InDesign experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.