Universal Music Group is looking for an Analyst to join the Strategic Analytics team.
The Analyst will consult on projects for Senior Executives, as well as individuals within Global Digital Strategy, Global Marketing, Business Development, Global Communications, Commercial Partnerships, and Finance business units. The ideal candidate should be an expert at analyzing large data sets in SQL and highly skilled at understanding new or messy data. Additional expertise in financial modeling, Excel, PowerPoint, and data visualization is a strong plus. Candidates should also demonstrate a solid understanding (or an eagerness to learn) the business models that are currently revolutionizing digital and subscription-based media.
How you'll CREATE:
• Able to learn quickly and become a deep subject matter expert on all of UMG's various data sources
• Work with stakeholders to understand goal of requests
• Write complex SQL scripts to extract necessary data for projects for all members of the Strategic Analytics team
• Comfortable dealing with many disparate data sources and reconciling against the source of truth
• Explain the benefits and pitfalls of various data sets based on deep understanding of data quality
• Form a narrative through the distillation and interpretation of large amounts of data
• Demonstrated ability to manage requests in a professional manner, communicate data-driven recommendations to a variety of different audience types (from Senior Executives to fellow Analysts)
• Work in project teams to answer interesting questions in a consultative fashion
• Sample analysis may include:
• Using data to identify user trends and platform trends, including user engagement, listening habits, conversion, retention, monetization, genre insights, among many others
• Developing dynamic models to support licensing negotiations (e.g., with Spotify, Apple), executive presentations, and high-level decision-making
Bring your VIBE:
• 2-5 years' quantitative experience using SQL extensively to conduct data analysis
• Experience with Excel and other data visualization techniques
• Ability to visualize data using PowerPoint and other tools
• Experience (preferred) managing and engaging with clients in a consultative or analytical capacity
• Passion and curiosity for music and the data that is used within the industry
• Familiarity with statistical concepts and tools, along with the ability to use them effectively in analyses
• Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
• Comfortable walking through analysis, communicating findings to executives and/or a broader audience
• Ability to build relationships across business units, work well in a collaborative team environment
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8zv6-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.