Manager, Global Client Services
Universal Music Group
Woodland Hills, CA
The specific group is responsible for managing the end to end Supply Chain to set up, manufacture and distribute time sensitive media product to a very demanding retail and consumer market.
The Analyst, Release Management is responsible for all operational processes related to the New Release Life Cycle of Media products to ensure that all key milestones are met, quality guidelines are adhered to, and that the New Product is launched into the market place on time as planned. This includes coordination of all aspects of the inventory planning process.
They will coordinate item and BOM set-up, and will aid in tracking new release critical path milestones for assigned release/street dates including any required procurement of finished goods inventory and raw materials. This position will also track new release titles through manufacturing and distribution processes to ensure on time delivery to customers.
They will participate in ad hoc projects outside of their day to day activities and will participate in supply chain meetings, distribution review meetings, forecast consensus reviews, POS reviews, account specific meetings, and periodic forecast accuracy and inventory review sessions.
How you'll CREATE:
• Item Master Data, Pricing: Management of specified New Release segment associated finished goods and raw material item set up and maintenance, bill of material set up and maintenance, product model set up and maintenance, manufacturing instruction set up and maintenance, and cost type and cost component set up and maintenance.
• Milestone Management: Manage and report on critical path milestones to ensure the successful launch of new release titles on the release date as required. Collaborate with all stakeholders collectively responsible for completing all Release Milestones. Participate in meetings, both internal and external, as required. Provide regular status updates on progress to release date, highlight potential risks, and participate in issue resolution/mitigation strategies and activities.
• Manufacturing: Management and execution of all specified manufacturing requirements, including but not limited to print and label artwork distribution, print procurement, corrugate procurement, raw material procurement, and distribution services.
• Procurement: Management and execution of the procurement process for packaged media. Management of this process would include assuring the timeliness and accuracy of purchase order placement, pricing verification, monitoring due dates and delivery schedules, and the monitoring of the accounts payable balances and invoice reconciliation.
• The Analyst will participate in the evaluation of current systems and processes, recommendations for enhancements/modifications to management, and implementation projects/efforts as needed.
• The Analyst will prepare and distribute operational reports used by department managers. They must provide planned and ad hoc reporting as scheduled and/or requested and develop and provide materials that may be used in presentations to Platform client departments (Sales, Marketing, Production) and/or customers.
• The Analyst is responsible for maintaining Vendor/Partner relationships, including issue resolution, status briefings, performance reporting, and escalating issues to management as required.
Bring your VIBE:
• BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics or related field; or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years of experience preferred in a production planning and execution environment with key focus on Master Data. Maintenance, Production Planning, Procurement, Inventory Management.
• Experience in consumer products, wholesale, retail, or manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Demand analyst or inventory planning experience preferred.
• Demand Planning and/or procurement system experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills including extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Working knowledge of Supply Chain analytical concepts
• Develop and maintain a tracking mechanism to keep all deliverables organized and for use in KPI review.
• High level attention to detail.
• Execute transactions driving tangible results.
• Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful.
• Initiate, manage and execute supply chain efficiency projects as required.
• Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data.
• Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance.
• Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards.
• Can seamlessly manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Develops well thought out action plans.
• Manages timelines; deals effectively with the challenges of a fast pace, high pressure environment and deadlines.
• Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress.
• Takes independent action and works autonomously.
• Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities.
• General understanding of manufacturing, and supply chain operations.
• Can troubleshoot problems, propose and develop solutions.
• Required: English
• Any other language is an asset
• Service delivery orientation
• Analytical, data driven approach
• End to end supply chain services orientation
• Positive mindset, attitude and behavior
• Embraces and drives change in alignment with an ever-changing business environment
• Strong working knowledge of Enterprise systems and Microsoft Office applications (MS, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• Strong Excel skills required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d281nm-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.