Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce is looking for an Analyst to join our team: someone passionate about using data to drive strategy in a creative and quickly changing industry. The ideal candidate brings a skillset that balances technical acumen with strong communication and an ability to turn open-ended problems into plans of action.
How you'll CREATE:
• Transform business questions into fact-based analyses that deliver insights and actionable recommendations to drive business performance, from merchandise planning to marketing strategy, audience research and more.
• Influence eCommerce strategy and operations as a key thought partner, delivering compelling visual presentations to a range of stakeholders, including executive leaders, artist managers, and operational partners.
• Develop our analytic toolkit by building frameworks, dashboards, templates, and models to scale up impact.
• Provide ongoing support for deployed solutions, including training stakeholders to self-serve and improve data-driven decision-making across the organization.
• Shift between data sources and tools for different projects, which may include BigQuery, Data Studio, Tableau, Domo, Python, Google Analytics, Excel, and other in-house data structures.
• Own the entire end to end delivery of projects, from requirement gathering to deployment, with quality documentation and communication.
• Partner with tech and data science teams to improve upstream data solutions.
Bring your VIBE:
• 2+ years of direct experience required in analytics, data science, finance, consulting, or digital marketing.
• Must be comfortable crafting actionable and compelling stories from large sets of data.
• A naturally confident critical-thinker who can communicate effectively with different audiences.
• Proficient in SQL, data visualization software (e.g. Tableau) and Excel. Experience with eCommerce/marketing analytics systems (e.g. Shopify/Google Analytics) and programming (e.g. Python, R) is a plus.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with polished written and verbal communication skills.
• A seasoned team player, accustomed to managing multiple projects with separate clients and deadlines.
• Experience in eCommerce, merchandising and/or entertainment industries is preferred.
• Experience with project management and collaboration tools a plus (e.g. Monday.com).
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing project needs in a fast-paced environment; extremely reliable for meeting deadlines.
• Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
• A. in economics, business, mathematics, or statistics preferred.
• Must love music!
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7204p-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.