*This position is permanently remote from anywhere within the United States.
How We CREATE:
We are currently seeking systems engineer to be a key member of our Operations Center. They will apply their server management skills in a global enterprise to ensure the smooth and efficient ongoing operation of the UMG Global infrastructure. A strong ability for troubleshooting and problem analysis is required, along with the ability to clearly communicate the results of problem analysis to business stakeholders, IT support teams, and network providers to quickly and effectively resolve operational issues. In addition to having good technical skills, you must be comfortable in effectively communicating with business end users, technical IT teams, business partners, network providers, and business process outsourced vendors, all while being sensitive to a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds in a global business environment.
Bring Your VIBE:
• Diagnose and solve problems, frequently under time constraints and business pressure
• Contribute to detailed capacity and performance analysis
• Work with vendors and global/regional IT groups to resolve problems in a timely manner
• Works with internal customers, teammates and 3rd party Providers to ensure operational delivery of the server infrastructure
• Serves as primary escalation point for the UMG Application communities and Sourcing Provider(s) for operational issues, ensuring timely resolution & communication
• Monitor infrastructure operational alerts e.g. environmental, server performance and devices and escalate as necessary
• Maintain high quality process and procedure documentation
• Maintain and implement high quality operational standards, processes and procedures
• Maintain redundancy, backup and recovery processes, and disaster recovery procedures
• Maintain & enhance knowledge of key technologies
• Monitor and tune systems to identify and eliminate issues and potential bottlenecks
• Participate in on-call rotation, and as such, work out of standard business hours will occasionally be required
• Minimum of five years experience in IBM AIX Administration - v7
• IBM certified specialist - Power Systems (pSeries)
• Experience with IBM HCM and IBM LPAR technology
• Experience with scripting (*nix Shell, Perl, Python, Rexx) to develop automation and reporting
• Communicate clearly in both the written and verbal mode to technical and non-technical audiences
• Manage time well in a high-interrupt operational environment. Handle the details of several technical tasks simultaneously.
• Customer and service delivery oriented
• Be an excellent and creative problem solver
• AIX certifications preferred
• Familiarity with IBM iSeries aministration
• Exposure to version control and release management concepts and tools, particularly Git (Github / Bitbucket) for code branching and merging
• Familiarity with Cloud Management Platforms (RightScale, Nagios, CliQr, Scalr)
• Expeirence with Beta Systems Data Center Intelligence products
• Expertience with BMC Control-M job scheduler
• International experience is beneficial. Additional languages a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or closely related field or comparable education and experience.
• AWS, MCSE, other professional certifications
• ITIL Foundation Certification strongly desired.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, Two (2) paid weeks for ''Winter Break'' season, Wellness Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx5614-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.