eCommerce Store Manager
Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company's record labels, UMe provides a frontline approach to catalog management, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies. We manage a diverse and expansive catalog spanning the entire history of recorded music and nearly every genre of music from such renowned record labels as Capitol, Interscope, Def Jam, Geffen, A&M, Motown, Island, and Virgin. The UMe catalog roster includes many of the most iconic and legendary artists of all time, including: The Beatles, Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones, Eminem, Stevie Wonder, Nirvana, and Kanye West.
UMe is seeking a passionate music enthusiast with A&R experience, deep catalog music knowledge, experience with video production and strong music business background to join our catalog A&R team as the Manager of A&R. This role reports to the VP, A&R and is based in Santa Monica, CA.
How you'll CREATE:
• Identify repertoire, specifically video elements, for commercial exploitation through archive research and asset management
• Research, pitch and produce financially & commercially viable video, digital and physical releases from the Universal Music Group catalog across all artists and genres
• Manage & coordinate full A&R lifecycle, from research to recording/production process to product release
• Oversee and be accountable for project expenditures & budgets
• Provide efficient and effective research data and assets across a wide variety artists and genres
• Maintain strict quality control of products & releases
Bring your VIBE:
• Deep catalog knowledge with an archivist/researcher like mindset across a wide range of music genres, artists and music products and strong understanding of the music industry & recording methods and technology
• Familiarity with video production tasks including archiving, up-res'ing and restoring content from a wide range of historical video and film formats
• Create, assemble, manage third parties and QC video projects including Blu-ray titles
• Ability to multi-task, ensure meticulous attention to detail, prioritize and work well under pressure & deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
• Must be current on today's music industry environment including streaming/digital platforms
• Work well independently, take initiative, identify potential issues & successfully problem-solve with sound business deliverables
• Effectively optimize processes and efficiencies, and manage budgets
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT), along with a high aptitude for learning new software programs.
• 3+ years' experience in the music business, preferably with catalog/heritage music and knowledge of recording methods and technology
• Experience successfully managing A&R and budget process for a product release from origination to product completion
• Proven track record initiating, originating, managing and successfully completing all relevant aspects of recorded music releases and projects
• Knowledge and experience in digital/streaming formats & platforms including playlist compilations, programming, and content curation
• Bachelor's degree required in music, marketing, communication, business, or related major preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.