Senior Network Programmer
Senior Network Programmer (Rainbow Six Mobile)
Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 450 talents contributing to Ubisoft's line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft's biggest brands such as Assassin's Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft's ''games as a service (GAAS)'' ethos. Chengdu's technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
As a Senior Network Programmer, you will be responsible to create a modern .Net based Rest API backend utilities to support cross platform AAA games runs on Mobile, PC and current gen consoles. At the same time, you should help to develop network interface for the game clients to access the backend services in a fast, efficient and stable fashion. You should also be able support the network programming team to design, implement, trouble shoot, and fix various bugs.
What you will do:
• Develop Swagger codegen based modern web services for new game features upon game designer requirements.
• Develop modern state based microservices to support existing game features such as login flow, shop, team, achievements etc.
• Develop web applications that for your peer worker such as Testers, Game designers and live operation specialist.
• Work closely with gameplay programmers to migrate current web API to new API.
• Work closely with game designers to clarify network/server/tooling design requirements.
• Work closely with Tech ops and IT peer workers to publish/maintain web services on cloud leverage Nginx and K8S or any similar 3rd party software.
• Capable to inform management ahead of time when tasks are falling behind schedule and propose solutions.
• Communicate the progress of your work to your peers workers and leads.
• Correct defects discovered by QA in a timely fashion.
• Provide self-assessment on how to improve performance if required by managers.
• Lead a small network programmer team to contribute to the project
• 6+ years related programming experience.
• Excellent knowledge of asp .net web API development.
• Excellent knowledge of asp .net web application development
• Must be proficient in C# /C++, excellent knowledge of network programming fundimentals.
• Good knowledge of native library and how to interact with C# applications.
• Knowledge of various network protocols such TCP, UDP, HTTP as a basic
• Ability to work independently as a team lead.
• Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese.
• Knowledge of any additional script language is a plus.
• Knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus.
• Knowledge of database, such as MongoDB, REDIS is a strong advantage.
• Knowledge of cloud CI/CD is a plus.
• Knowledge of Linux is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpyez0-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams