Senior Core Programmer Snowdrop
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join our Game Intelligence Department. In this position you will have the opportunity to design and develop innovative solutions to make data-based decisions that will help shape the future of gaming, supporting projects like Tom Clancy's The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and our Star Wars project. This position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is responsible for shaping the future of videogames and helping create gaming experiences that will be remembered for years to come.
As a Data Engineer at Massive Entertainment, you will collaborate closely with our Data Scientists and Analysts to ensure that user-facing-advanced data-based solutions are effectively implemented and maintained in production. You will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced colleagues to ensure that the solutions under Game Intelligence are running smoothly and efficiently.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we'll check your application asap!
What you'll do
• Implement the assembly of large datasets from heterogeneous data sources, as well as applications consuming this data, fulfilling business, technical and performance constraints.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipelines, applications infrastructure and ML models management solutions in an industrialized setup, in collaboration with Massive and Ubisoft data and infrastructure teams.
• Identify, design, implement and maintain monitoring tools, CI/CD automation pipelines, industry-grade unit tests or any relevant solution helping to ensure data quality, robustness, and uptime competence.
As our next Data Engineer, you're a subject matter specialist; fluent in a variety of data engineering frameworks and technologies, are enthusiastic about video games, and are motivated by the positive development of the team through high-quality deliveries and support. You are curious by heart and thrive in finding new possible ways and solutions to enhance your work. We also believe that you are good at creating trustful relations with your stakeholders and with a communicative finesse!
Besides the above we're looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
• Masters degree in Software Development and/ or Data Engineering-related field preferred
• Advanced Python and SQL skills required
• Experience using Pyspark
• Distributed databases and storage solutions (such as Hive or Snowflake)
• Knowledgeable in orchestration & monitoring solutions (such as Apache Airflow & MLFlow)
• Containerized applications systems (such as Docker)
• WebApp development frameworks (such as Flask)
• Data visualisation frameworks (such as Tableau, PowerBI, or other python libs)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2peq-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams