The Digital Enterprises team that supports Warner Bros Entertainment's Global Kids, Young Adults, and Classics (GKYAC) division is looking for an innovative, talented UX Director to help form and lead a User Experience practice. A successful candidate will build upon their experience in consumer-facing UX direction – applying best practices towards the design of delightful and intuitive on-boarding, navigation, user flow, and information organization and delivery.
Situated within our Product Management team, this role will be responsible for establishing a user experience vision for a variety of products aimed at diverse audiences from the preschool level up through adulthood. In collaboration with the Product Design team, you will bridge high level product strategy and detailed product design and implementation. You will align your team and output with product stakeholders to build a cohesive vision that creates enthusiastic buy-in. You'll partner with a top-notch Research and Insights team to uncover audience patterns and behavior and will be responsible for helping define user testing opportunities along with the questions that need to be answered.
Armed with the appropriate user behavior insights and product requirements, you'll be responsible for the assessment and production of user profiles, wireframes, flow diagrams, and other necessary documentation to effectively communicate the user journey. Depending on the product lifecycle, you'll respond to analytics and product-related KPIs with suggested UX fixes, corrections, and iterative enhancements.
• Lead UX thinking across a diverse product portfolio for brands including Adult Swim, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, and Turner Classic Movies
• Build strong working relationships with partner teams and ensure cross-functional buy-in
• Work with key stakeholders to agree upon the UX approach for any given product
• Speak on behalf of the user's experience during the planning and executional phases of all projects, giving feedback that will enhance the end product for the audience
• Build and support a UX practice/team in the execution of: UX breakdowns of competitive products, necessary UX flow diagrams, wireframes and functionality design for every aspect of a given product or feature
• Partner with Product Design team to provide feedback on high-level and detailed design
• Asses works in progress to monitor and provide feedback on UX implementation
• Partner with Research and Insights (along with Digital Analytics) to determine the effectiveness of UX implementation, and follow up with iterative changes
• Effectively model WarnerMedia and GKYAC culture and principles, while setting new standards in executional excellence
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media Design, Human Computer Interface, or equivalent practical experience
• 7+ years of related experience as a UX Designer of consumer-facing products
• 3+ years of experience managing or leading UX or design teams
• A portfolio of example UX design work associated with delivered products or features
• Expert documentation skills for wireframes, flow diagrams, and related UX documentation
• The ability to create functional prototypes, storyboards, or navigation flows
• Leadership ability with strong organizational skills
• The ability to present, engage, and gain consensus across multiple disciplines and levels of leadership
• Experience working at a digital-first company; knowledge and interest in cutting-edge digital media space with enthusiasm for new technologies and curiosity to learn and share with customers
• Self-starter who is pro-active, resourceful, willing to be a team player and pitch-in when required
• Ability to work and thrive in fast-paced environment; comfortable working under time constraints and pressure.
• Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
• UX design experience for mobile and connected devices
• Experience designing the UX of entertainment, gaming, or kids products
• A passion for the entertainment space
• Graphic design skills with a good eye for composition, fonts and color
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkeyk-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.