WarnerMedia seeks a Transmission Maint Engineer 1 for the ESS - Transmission Engineering department.
• The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical operation support for satellite and fiber optic television transmissions from internal and external event locations for both live & taped events.
• This includes all aspects of transmission equipment set-up, operation, signal acquisition, quality control & enhancement, distribution, and identification and removal of possible disruptive components within the transmission path and signal stream.
• This position is also responsible for basic maintenance support including installation, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and interacting with vendors to repair transmission related equipment, including satellite receivers and decoders, satellite antenna systems, frame synchronizers, routers, MPEG and RF analyzers, computer network management systems, etc…
• This position requires highly technical operations skills, basic electronic maintenance skills, and computer operation skills.
• Must possess a working knowledge of computer networking. Position must also be familiar with ASI, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, JPEG 2000, QPSK, 8PSK, DVB and DVB-S2 compression/modulation formats.
• Must also have a working knowledge of digital video and various digital audio formats. Must possess basic troubleshooting skills.
• Position must have the ability to work under constantly changing levels of pressure.
• A two year engineering degree (or equivalent work experience in a television engineering field).
• 3 years of live event technical operations experience.
• Understanding of satellite transmission technologies.
• Understanding of digital video and audio signals.
• Understanding of computer operation and connectivity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7k03-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.