Technical Product Manager
WarnerMedia is seeking a Technical Product Manager to define and own the requirements for several applications and libraries to create a unified data analytics collection platform. This role will define holistic technology solutions for sustainable product features with solid technical architecture, efficient implementations and robust API/SDK integrations. The Technical Product Manager will work with platform/feature product managers, developers and QA to translate product requirements into technical specs, while championing the right technical strategies.
• This is a multi-disciplined, cross-functional role, which collaborates with key stakeholders to lead the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery of best-in-class tools, products, platforms, and experiences across Websites, Mobile platforms, and connected TV/ consoles.
• Your skills and expertise will drive the successful completion and delivery of these products, meet critical deadlines, and ensure key milestones are met, organizing and motivating essential work teams to meet departmental goals.
• You will have oversight and responsibility for a portion of the data strategy roadmap, ensuring successful management, delivery, and strategic focus.
• By understanding the full operational workflow, you'll be able to manage not only development of the client-side instrumentation tools that will be used by product developers, but also the backend systems that support and interact with these.
• Convert product roadmap into discrete requirements that can be used in the software estimation and delivery process.
• Provide on-the-ground leadership of the activities required to bring products to fruition. Chief among these activities will be the management of an agile development process, including story creation, backlog maintenance, grooming, and issue management
• Occasionally lead and command sprint planning, manage feature prioritization and identify delivery dependencies. Be able to communicate meaningfully with developers who are building things using multiple technologies, including mobile & web.
• Communicate status, blockers, risks, mitigation strategies to your next level manager and all partner teams as needed. Generate documents and process flows if needed to troubleshoot, explain, modify, simplify, or improve a process.
• Coordinate integration and user acceptance testing, and prioritize testing results
• Coordinate and manage activities related to product launch. Communicate with brands and product teams to provide them support and guidance on using your product.
• Track and manage performance of launched product and user (developer & analyst) feedback. Understand performance of your product against stated objectives and goals.
• Diagnose functional issues that arise in production and in deployment; escalate to appropriate parties for resolution. Uses analytical tools and user feedback to refine offerings and drive new features/functionality.
• Foster and create a culture of accountability, integrity, teamwork and open communication across all partner teams that are part of the product development and delivery life-cycle.
• You are a strong team player with proven ability to work cross functionality. You are able to manage time effectivity in a fast-paced environment with little management supervision.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and nimble environment which can pivot very quickly to reflect the changing needs of the company or industry
• Ability to articulate product ideas or features through effective artifacts: requirements documentation, workflow diagrams, project plans, storyboards, etc.
• Ability to create detailed and thorough documentation that enables an agile development process
• Use of collaboration, project management and business tools (Confluence, Jira or similar)
• Demonstrable knowledge of Agile methodologies and concepts such as sprints and user stories. 3+ years in an agile environment working directly in software development teams preferred.
• 5+ years experience writing technical requirements, or working in a technical domain, such as Coder/Engineer, QA tester/Automation specialist, web/dev ops, data analyst or other technical product ownership
• 4+ Years experience in Product Management, Product Owner or Project Management role
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate work experience
• Experience working with data, analytics, business intelligence tools or Big Data
• Expertise in CCPA / GDPR guidelines
• Certified Scrum Product owner
• Demonstrable skills creating technical documentation