Advanced Software Developer
WarnerMedia seeks a Systems Architect for the META – Architecture department. The Systems Architect delivers the technical architecture design for systems, business processes, and support organizations to create state-of-the-art solutions for WarnerMedia's file-based content production systems. In this role, the Systems Architect serves as a design lead contributor alongside, and under the direction of, the Principal Architect for enterprise level solutions. The SA serves as the lead architect on localized solutions to support our global content creation teams. The Systems Architect also partners with Principal Architects and departmental leadership to vet and deliver tools and recommendations to the organization.
This position partners with business and technology stakeholders across WarnerMedia to understand business needs, elicit requirements, and design agile and efficient content production systems and workflows that enable business transformation. This position plays a critical role in the design and delivery of our cloud native production platform. Ideal candidates have a background in digital video technologies, architectural design processes, cloud production, and system integration in a media company.
• Defining and Implementing Systems Architecture
• Define the problem that needs to be solved, and work with technology teams, vendors and business partners to design and deliver a solution. Define and communicate an architectural vision for projects/solutions.
• Design, build & configure full-stack complex ecosystems of media systems, including networking, Media Asset Management, AV routing, compute, storage and virtualization. Lead the design and architecture for localized solutions. Support and participate in the design of enterprise-level solutions
• Author design documentation, including conceptual, component, networking, systems, signal flow, integrations and workflow diagrams. Create cost and time estimates, bill of materials, task identification, and sequencing documents.
• Execute FMEA to ensure designs have appropriate resiliency and business continuity. Proactively plan for project or organizational contingencies and design, recommend, implement, and manage changes under the guidance of Principal Architects and leadership team.
• Partner with Consulting & Analysis team on the creation of requirements documentation.
• Lead design, coding, and problem resolution activities as requested to ensure technical viability. Perform hands-on scripting, testing, support, or other tasks as necessary to ensure success of the deliverables according to user requirements.
• Engage other technical subject matter experts across WarnerMedia to solicit input, perspective, and assistance. to implement, operate, and support the shared components of the software and hardware architectures.
• Participate in creation of SAT and UAT testing documentation and execution of test cases.
• Partner with Cyber and Content Security teams on design and reviews to ensure systems meet or exceed the company's security requirements.
• Engagement with other technical teams outside of our architectural purview to understand those systems that we may need to integrate with in more detail.
• Research, monitor, evaluate, and publish/teach groups regarding emerging technologies and trends, internal and external to the organization, on a regular basis.
• Mentor, guide, coach, and support individual growth and technical skill across the team. Facilitate opportunities for knowledge sharing on technology deployed in solutions.
• Build strong relationships with vendors, internal technology teams and business stakeholders.
• Perform Project Manager duties for small initiatives, including budget & timeline creation, procurement and resource assignment.
• Influence vendors on their product roadmap to meet our current and evolving needs.
• Assist management with the recommendation and selection of technology solutions that are in alignment with enterprise-wide architecture/technology and strategic business priorities.
• At least five years demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, with a focus on systems architecture.
• Experience with Media & Entertainment or other video centric industries.
• Demonstrated advanced experience reading and translating data, process, and business models into technical designs.
• Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application/system design, solution development, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise.
• Familiarity with networking design
• Familiarity with designing cloud-based media production solutions.
• Demonstrated proactive customer service skills, ability to think strategically and critically, and ability to develop creative solutions.
• Excellent oral and written communication, meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment, and to work independently with little supervision.
• Ability to thrive in ambiguity.
• Knowledge of Kanban and Scrum Agile Methodologies for software development.
• Proficiency in the use of various drawing tools, such as Omnigraffle, LucidChart, and Visio