WarnerMedia seeks a Staff Accountant for the International Programming team. The International Programming team is responsible for the amortization of film cost for all international WarnerMedia Linear networks as well as related backend participations.
• Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
• Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation.
• Understands key variance drivers and can communicate them effectively.
• Prepare account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
• Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Assist with special projects and ad hoc analyses for management to make informed decisions.
• Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
• Build, foster, and maintain good working relationships with members of the Global Business Services and stakeholders.
• Process, analyze, and report on financial transactions related to Programming operations for financial and management reporting. Financial ERPs, Microsoft Office applications, as well as other software and applications are used to complete job responsibilities.
• Participate in special projects to analyze financial data or processes. Same tools as above.
• 2+ years' work experience in an accounting or finance field.
• Intermediate analytical skills.
• Ability to solve complex problems while leveraging team member expertise.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
• Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
• High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
• 4-year degree (Bachelors) in Accounting or Finance
• CPA or advanced accounting degree desired.
• Must have experience with ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, or PeopleSoft.
• Internal/external audit or SOX compliance.
• Exemplifies the values and expectations of a Staff Accountant at WarnerMedia, which include a high level of executive presence, professionalism, ethical standards, integrity, and credibility.
• Independently gathers reliable and accurate data from a small number of sources for less complex analyses.
• Speaks and presents clearly and credibly to small audiences about less complex work product.
• Pays close attention to detail and understands written and oral instructions.
• Organizes and schedules work effectively.
• Demonstrates desire and ability to apply new concepts, skills, abilities, and behaviors to everyday job with coaching from Manager.
• Can multi-task and work well under time constraints.
• Works well in a fast-paced environment with ongoing change.
• Works independently and meet deadlines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5wbq-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.