Senior Financial Planning & Analysis
WarnerMedia is currently seeking a Staff Accountant II to join the Personnel Accounting team within Global Business Services (GBS).
WarnerMedia, an AT&T company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation; young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. WarnerMedia brands and businesses include CNN, HLN, HBO, Warner Brothers, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and truTV; Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Adult Swim; and Turner Sports.
Global Business Services Overview: As trusted business advisors, the Global Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional financial operations across WarnerMedia's global businesses. Global Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders.
The Personnel Accounting team supports the accounting activities for WarnerMedia Domestic Personnel activities (excluding WB) including all networks across Entertainment, Young Adults, Sports, and Other Segments. As part of this process, the team is responsible for ensuring the proper accounting treatment for new and complex transactions; ensuring internal controls are in place and collaborating with various internal and external operational groups record and personnel activities.
Staff Accountant II's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
• Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation.
• Prepare account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
• Complete detailed variance analyses.
• Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting.
• Assist in the analysis of process improvements to existing processes and deliverables.
• Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
• Build, foster and maintain good working relationships with members of Global Business Services and GBS stakeholders.
4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
Masters degree and/or CPA is desired.
2+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public).
Well-qualified Staff Accountant II candidates:
• Intermediate analytical and Microsoft Excel skills.
• Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
• Self-starter, works with direction, and take ownership of areas of responsibility.
• Strong oral and written communication skills to articulate key information.
• Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
• High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
• Detail-oriented and high energy.
• Team player who embraces change.
• Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
Other desired experience:
• Experience in the Media industry.
• Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
• Experience in personnel accounting would be a plus