We're looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our NCAA Digital Design team. As a Senior UX Designer at NCAA Digital, you'll have the opportunity to work on a large portfolio of digital sports products and services that includes NCAA.com and March Madness Live.
Our Design Team represents the best interests of the fan while supporting the direction, vision, and methodology for how we create unique and cutting edge experiences across multiple digital platforms – web, mobile, connected devices, wearables, and emerging media.
Our designers are key collaborators with cross-functional teams, including product, marketing, design, research, editorial, multimedia, engineering, and program management on a range of UX activities.
• Executing a range of UX activities with exceptional skill: developing site maps, user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and feature specifications to clearly communicate the expected user action. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects with limited support.
• Considering holistic product vision when maintaining user interface/visual design standards based on industry guidelines and NCAA Digital standards. Collaborates with internal/external UX, design, and development partners to create the best experience for fans.
• Presenting work early and often, communicating complex ideas, goals and problems in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with the project. Collaborates with internal/external UX, design, and development partners to create the best experience for fans.
• Helping to inform an ongoing learning agenda by identifying key product questions. Partners with UX Research to develop test plans, prototypes or other assets needed for user studies. Socializes learnings with product team to enhance everyone's understanding of our products and our users. Leverages analytics data, user research, and market insights to help make informed product decisions.
• Representing Turner as an advocate for our fan-centric strategic approach both internally and externally.
• Assisting where needed supporting tournament operations. Willingness to jump in and help wherever needed when asked to ensure the success of the event.
• Communicator: Confident in your written and verbal skills, with the ability to present and justify design decisions to various stakeholders.
• Analytical Problem Solver: Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data. Can grasp complex concepts and systems quickly, and express them in simple ways. Able to connect research to business goals/priorities to make insights actionable for organization.
• Team player: Highly collaborative, approachable, flexible, and a great listener.
• Proactive: A ''doer'' and a ''thinker. A self-starter who will take ownership of projects, as well as come up with new ideas to support and improve the way we work.
• Curious: Asks meaningful and impactful questions to seek a greater understanding of our fans, business and products.
• Unflappable: Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Must be comfortable working on tight deadlines in a ''just-in-time'' production environment.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
• A portfolio demonstrating experience applying user-centered design processes for webs and apps alongside cross-functional teams.
• Must demonstrate understanding of graphic design principles, and stay on top of up and coming trends for design, UX, and tech.
• Working knowledge of prototyping tools (such as InVision, Proto.io, Axure etc).
• Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yb21-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.