WarnerMedia seeks a Sr Teleport Engineer for the BTS-Transport Serv department.
This EXPERT AND/OR SUPERVISORY PROFESSIONAL in the broadcast engineering job family is tasked with timely and professional support of a fast-paced 24x7x365 analog and digital news and entertainment audio/video production environment. Individuals in this job have fully mastered the skills, knowledge, and competencies necessary to perform all levels of broadcast engineering and share their expertise by mentoring less experienced engineers. May assist managers by organizing and planning the work of others. Shift work on a rotating schedule may be necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
• Perform installation, maintenance, and repair of sophisticated digital, audio, and video broadcast equipment. Typically includes satellite, television, and/or radio studio systems at local or remote sites.
• Lead and perform broadcast technology design or redesign projects with complex, leading-edge technology in an increasingly digital environment. Ensure the timeliness and quality of projects of large scale or level of criticality.
• Perform networking and administration tasks for broadcast systems.
• Provide 24x7 broadcast technical support, including repair at the component level.
• Participate in the creation or revision of quality standards, department procedures, and project plans.
• Mentor other Engineers and provide leadership, direction, and technical advice.
• Demonstrate expert level knowledge of RF systems, Satellite communications, High voltage safety, Networking, M&C control systems and Project management.
• Typically six or more years experience in radio and/or television, including troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of satellite, TV, and/or radio equipment and studio systems; dubbing; and quality control.
• At least 1 year of demonstrated proficiency with basic computer networking and system administration.
• Willingness to learn Turner/CNN proprietary equipment and applications.
• Professional certification (e.g., Certified Broadcast Engineer, Certified Broadcast Technologist).
• 2 or 4 year technical degree, preferably electronics (or equivalent education/experience/training).
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer desktop hardware, software, and network systems.
• Specific certifications may be required to work on proprietary equipment/systems (e.g., AVID).
• Excellent customer services skills with attention to detail.
• Demonstrated organizational skills & ability to prioritize and multi-task, make critical decisions on limited information, and direct the work of others in a high-stress environment.
• A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution is critical.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with customers, peers, and vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team based environment to ensure 24x7x365 support for our customers.
• Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems.
• Demonstrated self-starter and shows interest in accomplishing goals and developing new strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, and direct the work of others
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding and accountability by making decisions based on logic, facts, allocation of resources, and return on investment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y1qq-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.