Sr. Technical Producer (Turner Studios)
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Technical Producer for the Prod - Studio Ops – TStudios department. The Sr. Technical Producer, Corporate Production oversees and coordinates the entire life cycle of live and special events for WarnerMedia Studios on behalf of our corporate partners, including pre-production planning, video production execution, and post-production coordination. This person will be the main executive communication liaison for a busy production team with a variety of complex assignments. This work will be done remotely from home, at our broadcast production and other company facilities in Atlanta, Dallas, New York, Los Angeles, and other cities, and in a variety of other locations. Production assignments include town halls, all hands meetings, and panel discussions; Marketing and PR events like premieres, film festivals, and press events; and live television & webcast production for Social Media and other digital platforms. This is a leadership role combining technical, operational, and communications expertise that is meant to be a resource for all of WarnerMedia, including C-level executives, A-list talent, and regular employees all over the world.
• Acts as the primary executive communications liaison for Corporate events, overseeing and coordinating the entire life cycle of each production, including all aspects of live production, including:
• Ingest of requests from Corporate and Brand partners for live events and special projects.
• Working hand-in-hand with WM Studios Operations to coordinate scheduling, crewing, and technical resources.
• Assists in creating and maintaining communication, operational, and technical documentation like work orders, shared calendars, and project trackers; Slack channels, tech bridges, and production intercom channels during live events; transmission and routing requests; procedures for streaming, video calls, remote workflows, video standards, etc.
• Acts as the lead technical producer, overseeing and coordinating production assets and deliverables:
• Creation/collection of production assets: graphics, presentations, music, video, etc. Sometimes you're requesting these elements from other department, sometimes you're making or modifying them yourself: creative and technical proficiency and adaptability is critical. You should be familiar with PowerPoint & Keynote, Mac & Windows, and Adobe Creative suite.
• Acts as an operational liaison for all departments throughout the course of a given project: Clients/Partners, designers, front-of-house, production, transmission, streaming, recording, media management, Production Crews, Broadcast Engineering, Transmission Operations, Content Platforms, Brand Experience, Corporate Events, Corporate Communications, PR, Marketing, AV Tech Teams in other cities, platform & software developers, and digital & social media teams.
• Wraps projects with Production Management and partners, including media management and versioning, editing, delivery of Closed Caption files, etc. as well as following up on financial, operational, and logistical details to close jobs accurately.
• Hands-on production operations as needed:
• Acts as a hands-on operator during productions when necessary or appropriate: Stage Manager, Producer/Production Manager, Director, Technical Director, Streaming/Recording, Camera, Audio, Media Management.
• You don't have to be an expert in any one of these areas, but you must be comfortable taking on a variety of operational roles and learning on the fly as part of your role as the communication and technical lead of a diverse team; the show must go on!
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, preferably in a Media-related discipline.
• 10 years of live event production, video production, corporate communications experience.
• Live and location broadcast video production and webcast production experience strongly preferred.
• AV and hospitality industry experience are a plus. Understanding hotel and corporate infrastructure and terminology will be helpful.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Must be comfortable with multiple desktop and mobile operating systems, computer software and hardware, and the internet.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 & Adobe Creative suite.
• This is a media and computer technology-heavy world.
• You should be knowledgeable about media, culture, and technology.
• A passion for news, sports, movies, gaming, and popular culture are assets.
• Excellent client service and communication skills.
• Must maintain a high level of customer service.
• Very good verbal, writing, and organizational skills, especially with technical details.
• Diplomacy is a must.
• We are a global company, so this is not a 9-5 job.
• Must be willing and able to work early mornings, nights, and weekends, and must be willing and able to travel.
• You must have experience in and enjoy the high-pressure environment of live event and live TV/webcast production.
• Adaptability is a key trait for this position: must be willing to learn.