WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Counsel for the Studio & Nets Legal department.
Opportunity to join the Business and Legal Affairs team supporting the Kids, Young Adults, and Classics (KYAC) group. Housed within WarnerMedia's Studio and Networks division, KYAC brings together the Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and Turner Classic Movies television networks, along with Cartoon Network Studios and Warner Bros. Animation. The KYAC Business and Legal Affairs team supports these networks and studios, along with other WarnerMedia businesses. The role will be based in either Atlanta, GA or Burbank, CA.
• Provide business and legal affairs support for the development and production of original programming for Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, and HBO Max ''kids and family.''
• Business affairs support includes advising development and production executives on deal structures, intellectual property acquisition, and deal terms and negotiating with agents and attorneys to close a variety of production-related deals with talent, rights holders, and studios.
• Legal support includes negotiating and drafting contracts relating to the development and production of original programming, including development agreements, production services agreements, above-the-line contracts, option and literary purchase agreements, assignments, releases, contingent compensation definitions, location agreements, etc.
• Legal support further includes advising company and production personnel on a wide range of matters relating to the development and production of original content, including program clearance, general intellectual property counseling, including copyright, trademark, the right of publicity, and privacy rights, and union issues.
• Liaise with colleagues on a variety of production legal matters, including intellectual property clearance, employment issues, litigation matters, etc.
• Build and maintain industry relationships and communicate and collaborate effectively across the business with key stakeholders, including various WarnerMedia legal and corporate colleagues.
• Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school required
• Must be a GA, NY, or CA state bar member and bar membership must be in good standing.
• Minimum of 5-8 years practicing law with a national law firm or in a corporate legal department; experience at a major studio, network, or content service provider or platform preferred.
• Strong legal transactional skills and experience negotiating, drafting, analyzing, and interpreting wide range of contracts.
• Must be able to research legal questions and communicate responses effectively to all levels of corporate and production staff.
• Ability to problem solve in efficient, business-friendly, creative manner.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; m ust be able to write in a well-organized, concise and precise manner.
• Ability to build strong internal client relationships with personnel of all levels, effectively advise senior-level executives, and produce strong client and partner satisfaction through practical and strategic thinking.
• Strong understanding of contractual terms and conditions and intellectual property laws, including copyright, trademark, rights of privacy, and the right of publicity
• Must be agile, proactive, and highly motivated; must have positive, team-oriented attitude, excellent judgment, ability to handle high volume of work with minimal supervision and to assess risk, make decisions and prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines.
• Must enjoy welcoming new business challenges and working in dynamic, fast-paced environment with great colleagues and world-class IP and entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nk0q-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.