WarnerMedia seeks a Sr BIT Engineer supporting live Sports and Entertainment production at WarnerMedia Studios.
The Senior Broadcast & IT Support Engineer possesses expert-level knowledge necessary to perform maintenance, installation, and occasional board and/or component level repair of broadcast and IT equipment in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment, in addition to acting as a lead and mentor to other engineers. In-house production support of live and recorded programming requires a thorough systems knowledge of broadcast IT infrastructure which includes:
• Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers) and
• Associated production systems (A/V routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation and transmission systems, etc.)
• A strong baseline IT and data networking knowledge is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure.
• Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia production systems and computers in our production environments.
• This position will primarily provide facility-based support. However, there may be occasions requiring support of outside productions/events or to provide technical support to upgrade outside broadcast facilities. Any maintenance of Electronic Newsgathering (ENG) crew gear will be a shared responsibility with the field engineering team.
• WarnerMedia Production Engineering teams operate within an ITSM Service Management framework, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes. Adherence to our standard ITSM processes to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required. This includes documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in-house service management system(s).
• Senior Engineers must have demonstrated competency in a wide variety of technology and business contexts, and are the organization's most versatile, deployable resources.
• Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and being able work independently and autonomously in a team-based environment is a must.
• Ability to manage workload and work flow for a group of peers with assistance from management as required is essential.
• A willingness to perform varied tasks, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position.
• We expect our BIT engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service. Good communication skills.
• 2 or 4 year technical degree, preferably electronics or computer engineering (or equivalent education/experience/training).
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer desktop hardware/applications and data networking.
• Specific certifications may be required to work on proprietary equipment/systems (e.g., Cisco, Harmonic).
• Typically six or more years of experience in television, multimedia content, IT client service or broadcast maintenance capacity, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast and computer equipment at the board level
• Demonstrated experience with television or multimedia production workflows
• Demonstrated competency with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience working on technology and/or process design/re-engineering projects
• Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. and climbing ladders for equipment and cable installation assignments
• Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems
The Nice to Haves
• Willingness to learn Turner proprietary equipment and applications.
• Manufacturer-provided broadcast training from Sony, Harmonic, Evertz, etc.
• Microsoft network certification
• Software programming skills (HTML, V.B., C++, etc)
• Autocad, MS Office Suite, Visio experience
• Familiarity with ITSM Service Management processes