Sr Software Developer
Turner Services Inc. seeks a Sr. Automation Developer for the Media Enablement department.
The Developer will work on a small team of developers maintaining current services that enable the WarnerMedia user-management, e-commerce and video experience systems for end-user applications for all of our legacy networks.
• The developer will also be responsible for designing new systems, implementing new services, setting up automated testing and continuous integration.
• These services present some challenges to overcome, not only around business complexities, but also to achieve high availability and high-volume scale. It's expected that the developer knows its way around cloud providers like AWS and GCP.
• We maintain an Open-Source open environment, so being able to discover and instrument new frameworks or system components is a must.
• The Developer will participate in daily scrums, bi-weekly retrospectives, cross-functional integration and testing sessions, and client meetings as needed.
• We have a fun and friendly team atmosphere and we will be looking for someone who is both a technical fit and a good team fit
• 7+ years of experience developing production web applications/services;
• 7+ years of database experience, Relational and Non-Relational combined;
• Experienced on systems design and architecture;
• Experienced on Java, Python, Node.js;
• Strong knowledge of Unix environment;
• Experienced on Cloud environments and services;
• Agile Development experience;
• 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
• Other preferred skills:
• AWS; GCP; Nginx; Docker; Oracle; MongoDB; Redis; Memcache; ElasticSearch, Kibana;
• Ability to work in a fast paced, agency/start-up type environment is a must. Specific skill set should include building web applications and web-services, some experience with large scale systems, strong working knowledge of and experience with database applications either relational or non-relational.
• Experience across the software development life cycle, from analysis to support with strong customer service and communication skills. Knowledge of software engineering practices and agile methods, including pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration experience working on a Scrum team in a co-located environment.
• Must be a flexible developer with ability to implement and deploy clean code, perform testing, leverage profiling/analytics and other advanced methods