Sr Financial Analyst
This position exists to support the O2C workstream of Warner Media's Advertising, Subscription and Other account receivable balances. This person will have overall responsibility for analyzing customer accounts, ensuring adherence to contracts, providing solutions for billing discrepancies, minimizing delays in the collection process and improving working capital. - Resolve discrepancies efficiently through extensive knowledge of the Order to Cash (O2C) business process, reconciling customer accounts, systems and problem-solving skillset that allows for timely research and informed decision making. - Collaborate with all business partners in the Order to Cash (O2C) cycle, this includes sales executives, system support groups (IT), O2C billing, accounting and finance and customer executives involved in identifying and clarifying discrepancies identified through reconciliation of accounts. - Identify, develop and implement process improvements to help with our efforts to reduce DSO and improve working capital.
• Facilitate Collections & Working Capital
• Quantitative Measurements for Order to Cash Credit and Collections team: Subscription and Other Revenue ~$14B; Advertising Revenue ~ $5B
• Possess a complete understanding of the O2C process and how the SR AR Analyst role is integral to Working Capital. This position also requires a thorough working knowledge of Warner Media's different revenue streams.
• Possess the ability to identify, research, analyze customer contracts/accounts and resolve billing discrepancies by understanding the billing systems, processes and workflows utilized to produce invoices.
• Provide direction on how to meet special client billing needs and should also know when an invoice/contract adjustment is necessary to meet those needs
• Identify recurring issues and implement new processes where necessary to improve collections and minimize discrepancies.
• Partner with Customer Accounts Payable and Customer contacts as well as Sales/Sales Ops/Acct. Services to review analysis, billing disputes and provide resolution to facilitate the collection process
• Conduct meetings with the business partners to review billing issues, which may include travel.
• Conducts regular follow-up on issues until a resolution is determined and ensures the responsible party takes action
• Create and deliver training materials to reduce booking errors in the order entry process
• Escalate difficult collection issues to the AR Resolution Manager
• Ensure that recommended billing solutions for our customers are financially compliant
• Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with all members in the OTC cycle.
• Build and maintain relationships with our internal customers as well as our customers Special Projects.
• Provide support for a variety of ad hoc initiatives.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related field is preferred
• Experience in the Media Industry and/or Media Sales is preferred
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint)
• Experience in Peoplesoft Financials is preferred but not required
• Should have a complete understanding of the OTC process and how billing issues can impact any part of this cycle.
• Proven track record in meeting deadlines Skills and Abilities
• Strong business acumen, high personal integrity, strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
• High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, and going above and beyond expectations
• Excellent follow-up skills
• Ability to create solutions to billing and/or process issues
• Ability to work effectively across all departments in the OTC cycle as well as external clients
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Presentation skills: include oral and written communication skills to clearly articulate key information to varying levels of business partners.
• Ability to take a large amount of data and summarize it into key takeaways.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet department and company goals.
• Motivation to routinely research billing disputes to identify the underlying issues and recommend corrective action
• Problem solving skills and experience in reconciling accounts
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands