Ever dream of applying your UX research skills to the intersection of sports, media and technology? Turner Sports is seeking a Senior UX Researcher to join the Fan Experience Insights team, a team dedicated to delivering actionable insights that inspire and inform the development of digital products for sports fans (such as Bleacher Report). In this role, you will be conducting research to understand who our fans are, explore their behaviors and motivations, identify their needs and unmet opportunities for improving the experience of fans of the NCAA, NBA, NHL and more.
You will work closely with product managers, user experience architects, designers and engineers to provide insights that will guide their decisions in design, feature development, and product prioritization. You will infuse user experience research at all stages of product development to help create engaging fan-focused experiences across multiple platforms – web, mobile, connected devices, wearables, and other emerging technologies.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing and reporting on user experience and product research for Turner Sports brands. You will be expected to develop questionnaires, sample and data analysis plans, screeners, discussion guides, reports, and other research materials with minimal oversight. While the primary focus of this role is qualitative research, the ideal candidate will offer a blended background of both qualitative and quantitative approaches. You are highly collaborative with success in applying a variety of UX research methods and delivering insights in a fast-paced and changing environment. You have a proven track record influencing decisions by using creative ways to deliver our findings – oral, written, presentations, video highlights, infographics and more.
The Senior UX Researcher will report to the Senior Manager of UX Research for the Turner Sports Data Strategy & Insights team. You must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects across different sports brands while producing high quality insights. You will collaborate with other researchers and data analysts to triangulate data from different sources to develop comprehensive and coordinated recommendations.
• Plan, execute, analyze and deliver user experience and product research with minimal supervision. Research methods used range from in-depth interviews, unmoderated testing, longitudinal diary studies, surveys, focus groups, ethnographies, and more.
• Work closely with stakeholders to understand/clarify business problems to translate business questions to research objectives and develop appropriate research plans. Provide stakeholders with guidance and direction to ensure materials are optimized for maximum learning.
• Effectively sell, support, explain and present research methods and findings to product managers, designers, marketers and others, enabling data-informed decisions.
• Socialize higher-level insights to the broader Turner Sports organization to maximize reach of fan insights. Advocate for fan needs and surface relevant fan insights during cross-organization collaboration initiatives.
• Help establish the necessary frameworks, workflows, methodologies, communications, and educating teams across the organization, leading to a hybrid model of democratized testing with centralized oversight.
• Build and refine repository of research templates across our various tools to streamline operations and research practices. Archive and organize research material and artifacts for record-keeping.
• Develop training and best practice documents to fortify the foundation of the Fan Experience practice.
• Keep abreast of the latest tools, trainings, and best practices in the user experience research field. Stay informed of industry developments in sports, media, entertainment, technology, and more.
• At least 4 years of relevant work experience with proven track record of integrating user research into product development cycle and working with cross-functional teams
• Experience moderating (in-depth interviews, focus groups, etc.) and facilitating workshops (co-creation, etc.)
• Experience with remote testing (UserTesting, UserZoom, etc.) and other online research tools with (Suzy, SurveyMonkey, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in social sciences or human behavior (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Communication, Information Science, Media Studies, Computer Science, Economics). Masters and Doctorates are a bonus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to present insights and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling, easy to understand manner
• Strategic thinker, intellectually curious and constantly seeking new innovations in user and product research
• Highly collaborative and works efficiently to achieve user, product and business goals
• Interest in sports preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw98n2-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.