Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT, and truTV. We are also responsible for operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, and ELEAGUE.com. CNN is a major global pioneering news channel which has been at the forefront of news reporting for over 30 years. Its two dozen branded networks and services are available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories. It reaches 100 million households in the US and CNN International reaches more than 402 million households & hotel rooms around the world.
The Senior Connected Developer will be responsible for helping design, build, and maintain WarnerMedia's Bleacher Report and March Madness Live connected app. The ideal candidate will have specialized knowledge and experience in Roku and/or streaming TV platforms and possess a proven awareness of instructional strategies for connected development. Work is performed at the direction of an Architect or above. This position requires an ability to bring structure to complex problems across multiple platforms. The most successful individual in this position will be one who can influence team execution across multiple platforms, and across function.
• Creates baseline connected application development platform infrastructure and defines appropriate development and operational procedures, standards, and best practices
• Develops, documents, and ensures compliance with best practices including but not limited to the following: coding standards, object-oriented design, platform and framework specific design concerns, and human interface guidelines
• Builds connected architectural models that are replicable and sustainable
• Identifies tasks, develops work effort estimates, creates work schedules for development and operational maintenance activities
• Advocates, promotes, and produces innovation in leadership of team application development
• Collaborates on cross-functional project initiatives and drives towards business goals
• Provides technical development leadership for project team & company
• Is fluent in emerging application development technologies
• Manages application development processes
• Provides guidance to other developers
• At least 3 years of experience across connected and server-side technologies
• Significant experience in user experience practices & patterns
• Deep understanding of writing tests (unit + UI)
• Able to provide direction and guidance to developers
• Able to advocate for scope of work and resource needs
• Able to provide direction and troubleshoot projects
• Connected architecture experience across Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Xbox, or streaming TV platforms
• Experience with high level leadership including mentoring.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnnoj-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.