Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT, and truTV. We are also responsible for operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, and ELEAGUE.com. CNN is a major global pioneering news channel which has been at the forefront of news reporting for over 30 years. Its two dozen branded networks and services are available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories. It reaches 100 million households in the US and CNN International reaches more than 402 million households & hotel rooms around the world.
WarnerMedia seeks a Temporary Project Manager for the Business Insights department. The Data Strategy & Insights Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of key Turner Sports data projects.
• Coordination of key tasks through to project completion on time and within scope.
• Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project.
• Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to provide project updates independently on calls with key stakeholders as needed.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of project.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs.
• Measure project performance using latest Project Management tools and techniques
• Create and maintain comprehensive project spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document project needs / changes.
• Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
• 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Familiar with latest project management field's concepts (e.g., agile), practices and procedures.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
• Ideal candidate is self-directed and has the ability to independently lead a variety of tasks and direct the work of others to ensure projects stay on track and/or potential roadblocks that impact execution.
• Project manager will provide have a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
• Ability to create new opportunities to add value is key to this role.
• Experience with or ability to learn JIRA and Confluence is a key.
• Ability to articulate and escalate issues to management as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjjb9-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.