Shop Foreman, Scenic Services
Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT, and truTV. We are also responsible for operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, and ELEAGUE.com. CNN is a major global pioneering news channel which has been at the forefront of news reporting for over 30 years. Its two dozen branded networks and services are available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories. It reaches 100 million households in the US and CNN International reaches more than 402 million households & hotel rooms around the world.
Associate Director, Studio and Remote Productions.
The ideal candidate will be v ersed in both studio and remote productions. This includes coming up with creative ideas, writing shot sheets and cards for talent, pre-producing taped elements, incorporating graphics, timing taped packages and counting producer and director out of all video packages.
• Helping the producer with creative storyline ideas for the show.
• Setting a truck or control room so production can walk in to a ready environment.
• Write or edit promo copy.
• Keep game and studio shows ahead on promotional items.
• Understand what in-game packages should be built during the show and be able to quickly and effectively communicate these needs with tape.
• Be able to work with design and specialty graphic unit to create, update and implement update elements as needed. This includes gathering all audio and video assets including graphics, sound effects and music.
• Work with editors for high end / specialty tape pieces and graphics. Ability to manage the edit so the editor can work as efficiently as possible to deliver the high end content which is imperative to our corporate culture and success.
• Work with the sales and promo group to make sure production has everything they need for the show.
• Balance master control / studio communications as well as function as a remote AD during live events.
• Oversee remote melts.
• A love and passion for sports, particularly NBA, MLB, NHL and Olympic Sports.
• No issues traveling for remote games.
• 3 years minimum experience as a studio and / or remote AD.
• No issues working late nights, long days, weekends and holidays.
• A desire to be part of a talented team of individuals working towards the same goals on a daily basis.
• Excellent communicator.
• An understanding of the power of social media and ways to incorporate into broadcasts.
• Able to take direction and complete tasks independently.
• Understand and recognize popular music to enhance our broadcasts; both remote and studio.
• Proactive with great passion, thought and opinions with a sense of ownership to all assigned projects.
• A working knowledge of EVS machines and spot boxes.
• Understanding INews, Slack, Kiswe, Splashtop and statistical websites are helpful.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm15n2-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.