Sr. Software Engineer
WarnerMedia seeks a Software Engineer – for the Media Supply Chain department.
• Develop core functionality and components for applications and service in support of various content platforms by starting with business needs and objectives, creating functional and technical specifications and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
• Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development, build and deployment automation while mentoring and leading a team of engineers.
• Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses for WB Technology and other divisions. Develop prototype projects using new technologies.
• Evaluate software products and vendors for WB Technology and other divisions. Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected products/services.
• Work with internal and external developers to ensure WB Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications
• 4+ years software development experience
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of experience in one or more modern programming languages such as Node.js, JAVA, Python or Go
• Clear understanding of MarkLogic, XQuery, XML and XSLT. Must have 2+ years of prior hands-on experience in MarkLogic and related toolsets
• 2+ years of experience in NoSQL database modelling on platforms such as MarkLogic / MongoDB / Cassandra and strong understanding of data structures
• 2+ years of experience with RESTful API usage and development
• Strong expertise in deploying and managing ETL / ELT pipelines. Prior experience in one or more technologies such as Kinesis / Kafka and Logstash preferred
• Solid understanding of MDM and data governance polices. Prior experience in Reltio preferred
• Experience with source code and knowledge repositories such as git, jira, or equivalent systems.
• Experience developing in AWS at scale leveraging core services such as Lambda, ECS, and ec2.
• Demonstrated expertise and experience in deploying containerized applications using Docker, Kubernetes or equivalent
• Experience with Build and Deployment tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, or equivalent
• Proficient in a Linux environment
• Basic understanding of infrastructure resource provisioning and setup using CloudFormation or Terraform
• • Overall knowledge of the entertainment industry business preferred
• Overall knowledge of Warner Bros. businesses, business processes, technologies and applications that support it is preferred
• Ability to work with outside vendors and clients under sometimes adverse circumstances and under time critical constraints.
• Must be able communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel (in person, written, telephone).
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n82m-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.