Sr. Software Engineer
WarnerMedia seeks a Software Engineer – Full Stack (Java) for the Media Supply Chain department.
• Develop and provide support for core functionality and components for applications and service in support of various content platforms by starting with business needs and objectives, creating functional and technical specifications, and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
• Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development, build and deployment automation while mentoring and leading a team of engineers.
• Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses for WarnerMedia (WM) Technology and other divisions. Develop prototype projects using new technologies.
• Evaluate software products and vendors for WM Technology and other divisions. Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected products/services.
• Work with internal and external developers to ensure WM Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications
• 4+ years software development experience
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• AWS Developer Certification preferred
• Fluent in HTML, CSS, XML, JSON
• Expert level proficiency in at least two modern programming languages between JAVA, Node.js, Python, Ruby or Go
• Significant experience in React with typescript or modern component frameworks
• Extensive testing experience using Jest, Mocha, Cypress and other E2E
• Serverless, Lerna, Amplify, NPM, Github
• Good understanding of REST, GraphQL, microservices pattern architecture and AWS Lambda
• Familiartiy with SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB, ElasticSearch) datastores
• Bash, Docker, Jenkins, Webpack,
• Storybook, Bit
• Git, Kibana, Jira, MS Office, Figma/Adobe XD/Invision
• Overall knowledge of the media & entertainment industry business preferred
• Overall knowledge of WarnerMedia business processes, technologies and applications that support it is preferred
• Ability to work with outside vendors and clients under sometimes adverse circumstances and under time critical constraints.
• Must be able communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel (in person, written, telephone).
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary.
• Must be able to respond to after-hours pager notifications to provide support for applications as necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ne1p-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.