WarnerMedia seeks a Software Engineer for the MSC - Media Software Engineer department.
The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at WarnerMedia enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to all WarnerMedia affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
WarnerMedia is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. In addition to a solid technical foundation, the successful candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Work with a team of highly motivated developers to effectively implement solutions and delivery production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable
• Overall responsibility for design, code quality, and deployments
• Hands-on coding and strong peer collaboration to work on innovative technical solutions.
• Partner with internal and external teams to understand business and technical requirements to document technical specifications and articulate these to the development team
• Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience
• 3+ years of established track record implementing large-scale, high-quality software applications
• Experience with Oracle or similar RDMS with solid knowledge in ANSI SQL
• Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
• Expertise in implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS using ECS, Lambda, SNS/SQS Extensive experience implementing REST APIs in a microservice architecture
• Experience implementing message driven applications using AMQP or JMS
• Extensive hands-on experience developing Java 8 based Spring Boot applications
• Additional languages Node.js, Python, GOLang, C#, Rust or equivalent a plus
• Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Couch, DynamoDB
• Media background with encoding engines a plus
• Experience deploying and supporting containerized applications on AWS
• Knowledge of behavior-driven design and/or test driven design and design patterns
• Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools Jenkins and GIT. Kibana or AppDynamics experience a plus
• Drive to master emerging technologies and share experience with team members
• Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues in a distributed environment
• Ability to fit into an agile development environment and create a positive influence
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yvxq-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.