WarnerMedia seeks a Software Engineer for the MSC - Media Software Engineer department. The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at WarnerMedia enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to HBO Max along with all of WarnerMedia's affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
WarnerMedia is looking for a Software Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions that encompass our media supply chain. In addition to a solid technical foundation, a successful candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to adapt to a changing technology landscape.
• Design and develop solutions for tracking scheduled digital media throughout the media supply chain
• Assist the group's Technical Manager in developing level-of-effort estimates
• Create and maintain project technical documentation
• Provide mentoring of junior technical staff
• Provide support to post-production and editorial staff, with occasional 24/7 availability rotating among other group members
• 3+ years of experience as a software engineer with a strong knowledge of Java and Node.js
• Experience with scripting languages is a plus
• Expertise in designing and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS using ECS, Lambda, SNS/SQS
• Expertise in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures
• Hands-on experience with a UI framework such as Angular or React.js
• Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
• Deep knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
• Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools such as Jenkins and Git
• Experience monitoring and alerting applications using ELK, CloudWatch, and/or AppDynamics
The Nice to Haves
• Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and business team members
• Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
• Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues in a distributed environment
• Ability to understand goals, strategies, and needs of the business as they relate to application development
• Ability to be a self-starter and to multitask
• Ability to excel in an agile development environment and create a positive influence
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93qb9-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.