Ld Systems / Software Developer
Turner Services Inc. seeks a Software Developer II for the Media Enablement department.
• The Developer will work on a small team of developers maintaining current services that enable the WarnerMedia user-management, e-commerce and video experience systems for end-user applications for all of our legacy networks.
• The developer will also be part of the designing of new systems, implementing new services, setting up automated testing and continuous integration.
• These services present some challenges to overcome, not only around business complexities, but also to achieve high availability and high-volume scale.
• It's expected that the developer knows its way around cloud providers like AWS and GCP.
• We maintain an Open-Source open environment, so being able to discover and instrument new frameworks or system components is a must.
• The Developer will participate in daily scrums, bi-weekly retrospectives, cross-functional integration and testing sessions, and client meetings as needed.
• We have a fun and friendly team atmosphere and we will be looking for someone who is both a technical fit and a good team fit
• 3+ years of experience developing production web applications/services;
• 3+ years of database experience, Relational and Non-Relational combined;
• Knowledge on Java, Python, Node.js;
• Knowledge of Unix environment;
• Experienced on Cloud environments and services;
• Agile Development experience;
• 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
• AWS, GCP, Nginx, Docker, Oracle, MongoDB, Redis, Memcache, ElasticSearch, Kibana
• Ability to work in a fast paced, agency/start-up type environment is a must.
• Specific skill set should include building web applications and web-services, some experience with large scale systems, strong working knowledge of and experience with database applications either relational or non-relational.
• Experience across the software development life cycle, from analysis to support with strong customer service and communication skills.
• Knowledge of software engineering practices and agile methods, including pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration experience working on a Scrum team in a co-located environment.
• Must be a flexible developer with ability to implement and deploy clean code, perform testing, leverage profiling/analytics and other advanced methods