WarnerMedia seeks a Software Developer for the Content Platform Svcs department.
Within the WarnerMedia Technology Organization (WMTO), you will be part of a team developing live streaming and transcoding solutions for WarnerMedia's digital platform. We create solutions for multiple WarnerMedia brands such as March Madness, NCAA, HBO Max, TBS, TNT, TruTV, TCM, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and CNN.
You will be working in a collaborative and active atmosphere where iterative solutions are needed for frequent priority changes.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who is not afraid to ask questions, is eager to learn by doing, is open to changes in direction, and can adapt to new strategies.
• Design, develop, and maintain backend software solutions to simplify live and on-demand video delivery.
• Most applications are written in Python or Golang and currently communicate via REST or queues.
• Develop and maintain video transcoding and live streaming workflows.
• Occasional UI development with React JS to create dashboards and instrumentation for backend systems.
• Develop solutions that balance innovation, quality, delivery time, and alignment with business strategy.
• Work with WarnerMedia brand stakeholders to understand business strategy and requirements.
• Collaborate with operations stakeholders to deliver ''operationally friendly'' solutions.
• Engage in the software development process. Pull Requests, Design reviews, Stand-up, etc.
• 5+ years of application development in any language, demonstrating solid design and software life cycle skills.
• 1+ years experience with Python or Golang programming language.
• Working knowledge of video transcoding or live streaming.
• Experience with web frameworks such as Django, Flask, or others.
• Experience developing and consuming REST APIs.
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, etc.
Bonus Skills (preferred but not required)
• Experience with video technologies: AWS MediaConvert, MediaLive, FFmpeg, etc.
• Experience with React JS.
• Experience with AWS services: S3, SQS, SNS, RDS, and more.
• Experience with containers, container management, and cloud deployments: Docker, Kubernetes, Fargate, etc.