WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Financial Analyst for the Strategic Planning department.
• Develop the monthly distribution forecasts, annual budget and long-range plans for top distribution partners and affiliates (e.g., Comcast, Charter). This includes Basic Cable networks, Premium networks, and associated app-based products (e.g. HBO Max). Develop a deep understanding of our affiliates, leveraging that knowledge to drive decisions around assumptions and analyses.
• Analyze Actuals results and associated forecasted revenue; produce variance reports and analyses to inform management of trends. Team with Accounting and Reporting groups to address identified issues. Internal and external ad hoc projects and reports as needed.
• Proactively investigate and communicate risks and opportunities to the business. Prepare and present analyses, formal presentations, and other information to the team and/or executives as needed. Generates new ideas and approaches to both a maturing traditional business as well as new businesses and distribution partners.
• Closely partner with Account Team and Reporting staff to explore issues ranging from reporting & payment to affiliate packaging strategy to audits. Support deal teams, as needed, by evaluating and analyzing all aspects of contracts and their financial implications.
• Support of the financial systems within the department including issue resolution, identifying enhancements, and supporting UAT processes.
• Proven leadership, project management, and consulting skills.
• Executive level communication (verbal, written and listening) with the ability to effectively present concepts and analyses to senior management.
• Assertive, with confidence and maturity to question and challenge ideas.
• Strong analytical/problem solving abilities.
• Able to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships across the organization.
• Credibility to influence peers and management.
• Ability to balance attention to detail with an appreciation for the larger strategic ramifications of business decisions.
• Strong organization and planning skills, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects in a team environment.
• Externally competitive and internally team-oriented.
• Highly committed with unquestionable business and personal integrity.