WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Director, Data Governance for the Enterprise Data Solutions (EDS) department.
The Senior Director, Data Governance is a senior position within WarnerMedia Technology & Operations. The role will direct, institute, and integrate processes and policies for how consumer data within the EDS data platform is generated, stored, processed, and activated within and outside of WarnerMedia. The role will provide input into the privacy/ compliance requirements associated with the enhancements of our data platform architecture (privacy-by-design).
The position will lead a consumer data focused enterprise data governance team and partner with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders within WarnerMedia including technology, information security, privacy, finance, marketing, business intelligence, and data science.
• Establish and oversee the development and implementation of EDS organizational roles, policies, and processes to ensure the accuracy of enterprise data throughout the end-to-end data lifecycle
• Manage development and maintenance of data management standards and provide oversight of data activities across lines of business within the scope of the EDS team
• Partner with content operations & technology, information security, privacy, finance, marketing, business intelligence, and data science to ensure alignment with business unit needs and overall data priorities
• Partner with Privacy Legal as EDS' primary liaison and data steward to address regulatory compliance, data privacy and other policies/controls with the operating premise of Privacy-by-Design
• Ensure delivery of governance and compliance solutions and services for core enterprise consumer data operations while expanding scope of consumer data services into business intelligence and data science
• Collaborate with other WarnerMedia divisions to support enterprise consumer data needs
• Build and develop a flexible talent pool while leveraging external resources & technology complements for speed and agility to support evolving business demands
• Own the EDS data governance roadmap
• Collaborate across WarnerMedia divisions (e.g., HBO Max), and industry associations to influence changes in the interest of WarnerMedia's long-term objectives
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or similar
• Master's degree preferred
• Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in a leadership role, leading change management, strategic and long-range planning
• 5+ years of relevant experience with data governance, product information management and data intelligence
• 5-7 years' experience in cross-functional, cross-divisional governance
• Experience leading technology architecture for data assets across multiple sites and internal/external resources
• Experience managing multiple, simultaneous development projects
• Executive experience with vision, credibility, leadership skills and charisma
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Ability to make decisions in technology selection and implementation approach based on long-term strategic objectives, while taking into consideration short-term implications for ongoing or planned implementations
• Demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems and proven ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
• Deep understanding of agile development methodologies and ability to tailor them to a specific situation.
• Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements
• In-depth knowledge of software development technology, principles, methods, tools, and practices and industry standards and trends
• Experience managing vendor and facility contracts
• Extensive system design, development and implementation experience required
• Excellent collaboration skills, able to work across diverse teams and organizations
• Program Management experience required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zkm3-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.