Sr Software Developer
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer for the Revenue Analytics department.
The Sr. BI Engineer position will be responsible for developing business intelligence (BI) capabilities within the domain of Digital Ad Sales. The BI platform enables employees across WM to access the data they need to make informed decisions and drive business outcomes. The person in this role will work closely with stakeholders in Ad Sales (i.e., Yield Management, Sales, Account Services, Ad Operations, Programmatic, Social), Technology (Data engineering, Data Ops, Data Architects), and across WM business units (CNN, B/R, HBO Max, Turner Sports).
Revenue Analytics – Who We Are
Revenue Analytics is responsible for building analytical capabilities in support of the Digital Ad Sales business. We are part of WM Technology and work very closely with our partners in Ad Products, Sales, Pricing, and Operations. In collaboration with our partners, we develop business intelligence solutions to address historical analyses and predictive solutions like inventory forecasting to assist with forward looking planning. The team leverages an agile product management framework to respond quickly to changing business needs.
Dept Name – Mission
Enable access to accurate, relevant, and timely data to all stakeholders of Digital Ad Sales in order to facilitate a data driven culture and provide a competitive advantage.
• Business Savvy & Solutions Oriented: Combine your understanding of the business, technology, and data to create practical solutions that drive business results. Ex: Partner with Programmatic Ops to identify yield optimization opportunities by analyzing bid-level marketplace data.
• Technically Proficient: Build data pipelines using SQL and Python; Build visual representations of the data in Looker using LookML. Ex: Partner with Data Engineering to extract and load large streaming datasets like programmatic bid-level data into Snowflake, build data transformations using SQL, automate the workflow using Python, and, finally, make that data accessible to Programmatic Ops via Looker.
• Quantitative & Detail Oriented: Analyze the data using statistics to help identity business problems and their respective solutions; Apply statistics for quality assurance and quality control. Ex: Use your technical and analytical skills to analyze the bid-level data to validate the yield optimization hypothesis before building an end-to-end solution.
• Consultative: Effectively communicate data analyses to business stakeholders; Educate and support stakeholders on the use of BI solutions. Ex: Help the Programmatic Ops team understand how to interpret and utilize the data to continuously make yield optimizations.
• Required: Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience applying the required Knowledge/Skills
• Preferred: Experience working in Media or Ad Sales domains
• Preferred: Undergraduate degree in a quantitative (e.g., Statistics) or technical field (e.g., Computer Science)
• Required Tech Skills: Statistics, SQL and Python
• Preferred Tech Skills: Looker or another BI tool, Snowflake, Airflow
• Required Soft Skills: Problem solving, detail oriented, written communication, effectively communicate w/peers, time management
• Preferred Soft Skills: Effectively communicate to senior stakeholders, understanding of digital ad tech, understanding of digital ad sales ecosystem
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87xox-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.