Turner is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join the Treasury, Cash, & Securitization team within Global Business Services (GBS).
WarnerMedia, an AT&T company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation; young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. WarnerMedia brands and businesses include CNN, HLN, HBO, Warner Brothers, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and truTV; Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Adult Swim; and Turner Sports.
Global Business Services Overview: As trusted business advisors, the Global Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional financial operations across WarnerMedia's global businesses. Global Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders.
Specific Group Overview: The Treasury, Cash, & Securitization team supports the Cash and Accounts Payable reconciliation/accounting activities for Warner Media and HBO. As part of this process, the team is responsible for ensuring the proper accounting treatment for Cash and Accounts Payable transactions; ensuring internal controls are in place and collaborating with various internal and external operational groups. It is imperative that the candidate have excellent communication skills and a high level of professionalism to communicate both financial and non-financial information to Finance and Operational partners at all levels throughout the company.
Senior Accountant's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare Subledger to General Ledger Reconciliations for Turner, Warner Media (ESI), HBO
• P-Card Reconciliations
• Research and process entries for unidentified cash receipts
• Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
• Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation.
• Prepare account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
• Complete detailed variance analyses.
• Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting.
• Assist in the analysis of process improvements to existing processes and deliverables.
• Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
• Build, foster and maintain good working relationships with members of Global Business Services and GBS stakeholders.
• 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 3+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public).
• Masters' degree and/or CPA is desired.
• Advanced analytical and Microsoft Excel skills.
• Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
• Self-starter and work with limited direction and taking full ownership of areas of responsibility.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate key information.
• Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
• High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
• Detail-oriented and high energy.
• Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Other desired experience:
• Experience in the Media industry.
• Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
• Experience in financial reporting, cash receipts, and disbursements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55o87-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.