WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Accountant for the GBS Expense department. This Senior Accountant position within the G&A, Investments, Intercompany, and Legal Entity Accounting functional team will be primarily responsible for the day to day accounting support of Legal, Other Management Services, and Management allocations. This position will be responsible for reviewing legal and management departments for accruals and reclasses, performing variance analysis, and partnering with Finance to understand the forecast. It is imperative that the candidate have excellent communication skills and a high level of professionalism to communicate both financial and non-financial information to Finance and Operational partners at all levels throughout the company.
• Day to day accounting and support of Legal and Other Management Services departments
• Own department activity and act as an expert for areas of responsibility
• Maintain the allocation of Ops/Admin costs across all divisions
• Develop new processes and analysis to support the business as needed and implement process improvements.
• 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 3+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public).
• Master's degree and/or CPA is desired.
• PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
• Technical accounting research and memo writing.
• Experience in forecasting/budgeting.
• Media industry a plus
Well-qualified Senior Accountant candidates will have:
• • Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
• Self-starter and work with limited direction and taking full ownership of areas of responsibility.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate key information.
• Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
• High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
• Detail-oriented and high energy
• Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.