WarnerMedia seeks a Program Manager, Video for the Program Execution department.
The Program Manager for Video within Platform Technology will be responsible for guiding and overseeing successful implementations of projects related to the digital video efforts across WarnerMedia. Specifically, video ingest, encoding, transcoding, captioning, network delivery, video playout, and event orchestration for a unified video delivery platform. This role would work closely with project managers, product managers, developers and QA in an agile environment. This includes discovery, program and project plan creation, management of milestones, prioritization, change control, issue escalation, customer relationships and team leadership.
This is a high visibility position with leadership across the organization. It is critical to have effective communication and facilitation skills and the ability to craft messages to senior leadership, risk analysis, tight organization and attention to detail. In this position, you will ensure that teams are focused on the right things, blockers are removed, align with project sponsor's priorities, stakeholders an executive are regularly informed, the Product Roadmap is maintained, and work stream teams are collaborative. You will need to prioritize tradeoffs to ensure progress and success.
This individual will work on multiple, technically complex, mission-critical, and/or high-profile projects. The position is a client-facing role that supports the entire software development lifecycle for custom development as well as vendor-based toolsets.
• This is a multi-disciplined, cross-functional role, which collaborates with key stakeholders to deliver best-in-class tools, products, platforms, and experiences across websites, mobile apps, and connected TV/consoles.
• Provides day-to-day guidance of team (including PMs, Developers and QA) and serves as the on-site liaison
• Coordinate and collaborate development teams during implementation
• Work with our third-party vendor partners, coordinating their work with the Turner team
• Collaborate with key stakeholders (cross functional teams ranging from management to platform teams and clients) to define, develop, shape and refine a program plan
• Communicate concise and regular status with various levels of domestic and international leadership
• Create budgets and manage team work to those financials
• Proactively identify variances to project plan and partner with key stakeholders to develop a successful mitigation plan
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards - Influence decisions through effective communication methods
• Provide clear and reliable communications to internal teams, program stakeholders, external vendors, and customers - Develop and monitor program policies processes, standards, governance, and metrics
• Facilitate continuous improvement by identifying efficiencies and expense reduction in programs
• Demonstrate high-end customer service skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 2+ year of program management with technical teams
• 4+ years of project management skills
• 2+ years technical experience (e.g. as software developer, business analyst)
• Agile or PMP certifications preferred
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
• Experience managing highly technical or video/media syntric initiatives is a plus
• Entertainment industry experience is desirable
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical teams.
• Excellent escalation skills that lead to quick resolution of critical issues
• Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
• Passionate about advocating client needs
• Experience working on consumer facing products
• Experience working in small to large teams to achieve project objectives and tasks under challenging deadlines, requiring successful collaboration and problem solving with team members preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to partner with the business to define and document their current and future system needs.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think outside-of-the-box when assessing possible solutions.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z373-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.