WarnerMedia is looking for a Product Manager with an interest in technology and media to support several critical content distribution initiatives. In this role, the Product Manager will support workflows to acquire, review, transform, store, and distribute video content through the Media Supply Chain. This content is distributed to numerous platforms where WarnerMedia reaches consumers, including HBO Max.
This Product Manager will serve as a liaison between the technology department and other business groups and teams throughout WarnerMedia. The candidate will work closely with these groups to identify and document business requirements to support the development of new functionality and workflows to distribute videos and metadata throughout the Media Supply Chain. This role will also support technology teams in the development of software based applications for those business requirements.
The successful candidate will have exceptional communication and analytical skills and be able to clearly present problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical teams. Duties will include: in-depth requirements gathering and user workshops; analysis of current and future state workflows; supporting teams in design, testing, implementation, and rollout. The Product Manager will also help to prioritize features and maintain a product roadmap.
Previous experience working as a subject matter expert on projects involving digital media, media workflows or other aspects of content distribution is a plus.
• Contribute to the planning, development, and enhancement of internally developed applications that support the acquisition and distribution of WarnerMedia content.
• Create and maintain detailed business requirements documentation including process maps, business process and media flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, and screen mockups.
• Write detailed user stories and manage a backlog on behalf of business users. Represent the business users throughout the development process.
• Support project team through all iterations of technical elaboration and development.
• Support User Acceptance Testing for all system releases.
• Prepare documentation for training clients on application usage.
• Participate in sprint planning, scrums, and backlog grooming activities.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or Product Manager supporting technical project teams in the definition and delivery of custom-built, business-critical systems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to partner with the business to define and document their current and future system needs.
• Expertise in eliciting and documenting business requirements through use cases, user stories, and other means (including workflow diagrams, data flow diagrams, screen wireframes, etc).
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical teams.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think outside-of-the-box when assessing possible solutions.
• Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, wikis, and/or G Suite tools
• Fluency using Confluence and Jira or other similar tools.
• Experience in the development and execution of Test Cases and test management. Experience working with QA resources on project delivery.
• Ability to set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion when working with other team members.
• Experience with iterative and agile software development methodologies.
• Experience in data analysis involving querying SQL databases or equivalent data sources. Proficiency with manipulating data in spreadsheets.
• Bachelor's Degree or commensurate work experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oene-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.