Senior Writer / Producer Promos
Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a temporary Producer to assist with archival tape research for a new, short-term project .
• Overall assessment of available media to tell the story, broken down by act/beats, highlighting strong sources for content and identifying historic events with scarcer coverage.
• Seek out additional story points of interest and leads on potential subjects through research.
• Provide a comprehensive cost projection of licensing fees and research labor for the program.
• Assess rights limitations and liaise with legal counsel and network Rights & Clearance department.
• Provide creative solutions to rights, cost or media coverage issues
• 4+ years of relevant program development experience.
• Strong editorial skills required.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, or related field of study is preferred.
• Previous experience conducting thoroughly-sourced research required.
• Extensive knowledge of and interest in politics, history, current events and major political figures essential. Experience with international media outlets preferred.
• Requires a creative thinker with excellent organizational skills.
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.