Senior Mobile Developer
WarnerMedia seeks an Operations Engineer I for the ESS - Engineering Operations department.
The BIT Specialist performs multiple job responsibilities in the BEST Command Center (BCC), a 24x7x365 central command center for on-air and broadcast emergencies, live QC technology, and design and implementation support for CNN technology projects. The job responsibilities of the BIT Specialist support all of the primary functions of the BCC and include the following: Live QC and Commercial Ingest – Use of specialized Live QC technology to ensure the highest quality of all incoming signals into CNN Center; work with Commercial/Promo Ingest equipment to maintain the quality of the commercial server's content and protect the commercial revenue stream.
• Service Triage and Dispatch – Provide first call response for broadcast and on-air emergencies, ensuring all incidents and service requests are properly documented, classified, and assigned; dispatched from the BCC as needed to perform on-site troubleshooting and issue resolution
• Event Monitoring – Monitor various CNN Systems and issue alert notifications for out of tolerance conditions; troubleshoot, resolve, establish preventive measures, and suggest process changes and tool improvements
• Specialized Support for BIT Teams and Projects – Under minimum direction of the engineering support teams, this position will provide assistance in maintaining the CNN Broadcast Technical Infrastructure and provide labor for project execution, including cabling and equipment racking/
• The person in this role must demonstrate a good general knowledge of all the systems and equipment that BEST supports and demonstrate a proficiency in using a variety of tools for monitoring, troubleshooting, service restoration, and project execution.
• This person ensures all assigned incidents and service requests are resolved within defined service levels.
• This role also creates knowledge articles for use by support personnel and customers.
• This position reports to a BIT Supervisor and involves shift work on a variable schedule that includes weekends and holidays.
• 1 to 2 years as a Broadcast Operations Engineer or equivalent.