Java Software Engineer
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at WarnerMedia, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You'll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, HBO, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You'll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Systems II Network Engineer will participate in the planning, support and implementation of high performance, highly secure, internet protocol networks within WarnerMedia and business divisions locations to both private and public cloud resources and services.
• Play a role in the support and implementations of network architectures.
• Assist with Installing network equipment and software components related to the operations of WarnerMedia networks .
• Provide technical support to Clients, Project Management, and or other IT technical groups as needed.
• Develop and maintain strategies for performance tuning and capacity planning for the existing network.
• Maintaining operational control and management systems to support Production Engineering
operations including alarms, alerts, and triage; infrastructure and content change control and load management.
• Manage network documentation to ensure both accuracy and completeness.
• Serving in an on-call rotation.
• 5 years of providing Level 1 and 2 support in a global network operations environment.
• Extensive experience provisioning, activating, and troubleshooting optical transport circuits; as well as ethernet private line, and internet connections
• Knowledge of multicast configurations on networks.
• Knowledge of Cisco DCNM implementations and support.
• Level of understanding of software defined networking.
• Ability to write scripts using and scripting language (Perl, Tk, shell, Python)
• Knowledge and hands on experience required with routing (ipv4), ethernet switching, load balancers, firewalls and VPN technologies.
• Experience with the following products (or comparable vendor alternatives):
• Products: Cisco routers, ASR, Nexus 9k/7k switches, F5 load balancers, Palo Alto firewalls, and Infoblox
• Desired Protocols: IPv4, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, QoS, IEEE 802.1 and 802.3 standards, VPN, SNMP, DNS, Virtual Port Channels
• Desired Certifications:
• CCNP (routing and switching, service provider, or data center)
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands