SVP, Direct-To-Consumer Research
Manager, Marketing Analytics (Digital and Social)
Turner Services Inc. seeks an Advanced Data Analyst for the Data Intel&Op – HBO Max department.
WarnerMedia is comprised of Warner Bros, WarnerMedia Entertainment, and WarnerMedia News & Sports. As a global media company that delivers premium content and operates one of the world's largest TV, Film & Interactive Studios that has brought you some of the most iconic franchises from HBO, Turner, Warner Bros, Otter Media including: Game of Thrones, Aquaman, The Sopranos, Scooby-Doo, True Detective, Austin Powers, Friends, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Westworld, DC Comics, Sex in the City, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, The Flintstones, Harry Potter, The Matrix, The Big Bang Theory, and so much more. WarnerMedia is one of four distinct business units under AT&T Inc.
WarnerMedia is launching HBO Max, an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service which will bring together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia's broadcast and cable TV, film studios, interactive and immersive content, distinguished news and entertainment reporting and much much more – all in one digital destination HBO Max!
• The Manager, Marketing Analytics (Digital & Social) will be responsible for creating a deep understanding of the HBO Max consumer.
• S/he will be responsible for driving content and growth marketing through data and insights.
• S/he will create actionable insights from user-level and aggregated data sources, including information coming from research, marketing, and media measurement platforms for HBO Max.
• S/he will be responsible for partnering with the team to collect reporting and analysis requirements, working with the engineering team to ensure proper data flows of consumer and performance data, managing analytics vendor partners, and partnering with the content and growth marketing teams, agency, and data science teams to provide clear recommendations on user segmentation, audience development, acquisition, creative strategy, content, and other analyses to drive incremental results for HBO Max.
• S/he will dig into the details with the marketing teams to synthesize findings for executive presentations.
• S/he is an experienced analytics professional who is truly passionate about marketing and data and can manage a team to drive results.
• 5 years experience in marketing analytics, with a particular focus in digital marketing and social media
• 4 years experience with data visualization and dashboards; familiarity with Looker a plus
• Past experience executing analytics projects end-to-end, from definition through findings and recommendations to stakeholders
• Proven track-record of developing campaign strategies, executing, measuring, and delivering performance insights
• Past success establishing measurement and audience development frameworks for campaigns across various owned media channels
• Experience driving growth through A/B test design, insights, and analysis
• Self-starter with a proactive mindset, capable of seeking out and building the necessary relationships throughout the league in order to achieve success
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to liaise with technical, marketing and business teams
• Strong team focus with outstanding organizational and resource management skills
• Strong technical skills; including experience with SQL, data mining, and designing analytics data layers
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Math or related field is required
• Advance understanding of digital marketing and social platforms, such as Google Cloud Platform (Google Analytics, Data Studio, BigQuery), Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok, ListenFirst, and/or Netbase.
• Understanding of the digital marketing ecosystem and subscription business model to execute a best in class marketing strategy
• Ability to analyze and assess social performance across various levels of granularity, i.e. at the platform, social handle, page, post, and/or content level.
• Understanding of testing techniques (A/B, multivariate) and methodologies to advise with execution and provide insightful results
• Strong analytical skills are required, including the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and summarize actionable
• Must be able to communicate effectively with media, marketing, and engineering teams
• Must be results driven with an excellent attention to detail
• Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule a high workload, efficiently
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills – particularly within large organizations
• Must be comfortable managing projects and timelines
• Ability to collaborate with key partners and stakeholders to define metrics, identify requirements and maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
• Ability to manage both internal and external vendors and suppliers
• Experience managing a team, including experience with remote teams