WarnerMedia seeks a Lead Systems Engineer for the META IO Networking department.
The Systems Engineer is a self-directed expert in designing, building, configuring, automating, maintaining and supporting the movement and transformation of video in a 24x7x365 live sports production environment. The Systems Engineer translates business requirements into functional requirements and specifications, producing systems that meet business needs through the assembly of existing hardware and software components and the creation of new integrations and automation code. They spare no detail in attention to availability, performance, capacity planning, and security. They frequently work with: software developers, who focus on code authoring; systems architects, who focus on large scale system relationships; business analysists, who gather business requirements; and vendors, who create many of the components Systems Engineers use. Systems Engineers are expected to produce novel solutions to problems, not merely to execute procedures developed by others.
• Partner with clients, architects, networking and security teams in research, design, commissioning, and testing of media solutions.
• Technology leadership, workload/task management and strategic initiatives.
• Incident, service, knowledge & change management.
• Author and publish as-built system blueprints.
• Develop & conduct technology trainings/seminars and demonstrations.
• Travel as-needed for projects and events.
• Vet systems, applications and tools supporting the entire technology stack.
• Design, build, configure, maintain & troubleshoot full-stack complex ecosystems of media systems, including networking, Media Asset Management, AV routing, desktop storage and virtualization.
• Consult and advise customers and peers on media workflows & technology requirements.
• Facilitate and elicit requirements gathering.
• Tier 3 escalation for localized and enterprise systems, accountable for problem resolution.
• Manage vendor relationship and support backlog.
• Assist in onboarding and support of SAAS solutions companywide.
• Act as a Project Manager Lite for localized projects contained within the department.
• Work with Cyber and Content Security teams on security gap remediation.
• Create a build of materials for purchasing equipment within budget.
• Member of, and leads at least one Center of Excellence.
• Plan and execute SAT and UAT testing.
• Provide coaching/feedback on job duties to new team members.
• Facilitate, manage and direct tactical plans for technology change management.
• Self-directed ownership of project tasks and assignments.
• Delegate, supervise and track work of others; manages tasks and work assignments of the team. Reviews all work assigned to the team, providing technical direction.
• Review peer's configurations, implementations and documentation - giving guidance on corrections as needed.
• Identify and coordinate training plans for team.
• Provides expert technical advice and assistance on multiple projects to leadership.
• Leads enterprise technology initiatives.
• Responsible for effectively communicating to Directors, Project Managers and Architects the state of technical work and human resources assigned to projects.
• Think & act strategically to balance competing demands with shared resources.
• 8+ years of experience designing and operating media workflow systems in an enterprise media company.
• 8+ years experience in digital video technologies & system integration in a localized and/or enterprise media company.
• 8+ years leading technology teams in the design, build, maintenance and support of strategic Information Technology initiatives in the Media & Entertainment industry.
• 5+ years experience automating tasks in at least 2 complex scripting languages.
• 3+ years experience leading, building & influencing teams.
• 3+ years experience presenting complicated technical information to operational user groups, peers and executives, tailoring the message for the audience.
• BS in Computer Science, Film, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience.
• Strong communication skills, including written/drawn documentation and verbal interactions with customers, vendors and management.
• Ability to balance multiple competing demands.
• Demonstrated self-starter that can work independently.
• Proven excellent analytical thinking skills, especially in the realm of complex system troubleshooting and translating data to solve problems.
• Willing to be on call within a 24x7 production environment.
• Expert in reading and translating data, process, and business models into technical designs.
• Proven ability to think and plan strategically.
• Systems Competency in the following areas: Video Ingest and playback, File acceleration, Remote monitoring, A/V Routing, Operating Systems, Editing, Post Audio, VFX, Shared Storage Systems, Video Codecs, Video Formats (HD, UHD, 4K, HDR), Networking, Complex scripting languages, Media Asset Management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a matrixed environment.
• Ability to balance multiple competing demands.
• Ability to design and develop creative solutions.
• Advanced desktop engineering, monitoring and endpoint management.
• Vendor management.
• Critical thinking.
• Systems fluency/mastery in 5 of the following areas: Video Ingest and playback, File acceleration, Remote monitoring, A/V Routing, Operating Systems, Editing, Post Audio, VFX, Shared Storage Systems, Video Codecs, Video Formats (HD, UHD, 4K, HDR), Networking, Complex scripting languages, Media Asset Management.
• Familiarity in configuration & support cloud-based media production solutions.
• Familiarity with networking design.
• Meeting presentation and facilitation skills.
• Work independently with little supervision.
• Requirements elicitation and documentation.
• Translate complex technology initiatives into verbal/written script that can be understood by a non-technical audience.
• Ability to find creative workarounds to problems that do not have immediate resolution.
• Team leadership, mentoring, team building and delegation skills.
• Expert analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to design enterprise-level solutions.
• Translate complex technology initiatives into verbal/written script, tailored and presented to match the audience from end user to executives.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqozo1-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.