Advanced Software Developer
WarnerMedia seeks a Lead Data Engineer for the Cloud Platforms department. You will be a member of the Data and Machine Learning Products (DMLP) team, under Cloud Platforms in the WarnerMedia Technology Organization (WMTO). The DMLP team is based in Atlanta and responsible for building mission-critical applications supporting Ad Sales, Promotional Marketing, and other high-revenue, high-visibility stakeholders for WarnerMedia worldwide. DMLP projects include ad scheduling and audience segmentation tools that use Big Data and Machine Learning. We are growing our very adaptive team that creates high quality products.
You must be a hands-on Lead Data Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to provide design and technical leadership to developers, data providers, and data consumers, and directly contribute to the making of DMLP application, data pipeline, and data service solutions. You'll work with some of the best architects, Data Scientists, Machine Learning engineers, developers, product managers, and senior management in the industry to build cloud-based, data-rich products using an Agile process and tools.
• Specify, design, and build cloud-based data pipeline, transformation, warehousing, BI, analytics, and decision-support solutions and components
• Engineer and take ownership of complex data transformation, cleansing, imputation, and other preparation for downstream analytics, Machine Learning, and visualization use cases
• Engage closely with business stakeholders to deeply understand business problems and tease out potential solutions to meet business needs
• Collaborate with Data Science and development teams to provide data architecture guidance and contribute to construction of data- and science-rich solutions
• 5+ years' hands-on experience as a data engineer, data architect, or advanced BI analyst, with strong Python and SQL knowledge
• Experience in cloud computing and architecture
• Expert-level competency in Big Data manipulation and transformation, both within and outside of a database
• Competency in API creation, and Machine Learning model deployment
• Strong work ethic, collaboration, and communication skills
• Eagerness to learn both the technology and business of Warner Media
Nice to Haves
• Pizzazz! Unique and exciting education, career, and life experience to expand the intellectual and cultural variety of our team
• Experience building decision-support applications based on Data Science and Machine Learning
• Experience building effective, efficient solutions in AWS, using Terraform and/or CloudFormation to build infrastructure as code
• Familiarity with Snowflake, Airflow, and other Big Data and data pipeline frameworks
• Education, training, and certifications in engineering, computer science, math, statistics, analytics, or cloud computing
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm517v-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.