The IT Business Consultant plays a key role in business relationship management, requirements management, workflow design and portfolio management in initiatives to design and build our cloud native production platforms. This position is part of the Strategy and Architecture team within Production Technology's META division, supporting content creation and production across WarnerMedia Studios, Sports and News.
Our systems power the creation of content in support of HBO Max marketing, NBA on TNT and NBA TV, NCAA March Madness, CNN.com & linear broadcast, and many other teams around the world.
This position uncovers and advocates for business needs to the technology teams, and advocates for the technology teams to the end users and business stakeholders. This role links the users to technology, and technology to the users.
• Partnering with key WarnerMedia Studios, Sports and News stakeholders to build collaborative, customer-service based, trusting relationships. Trust is a primary factor in the overall success of this initiative.
• Facilitating ideation workshops to identify tangible, expected and blue-sky objectives for these systems. Eliciting input from project stakeholders. Wrangling the effort to gain feedback and consensus on a design solution.
• Eliciting requirements for future state scenarios, partnering with product development teams, Principal Architects, Systems Engineers, end users and business leaders to facilitate user stories, requirements gathering, product demos, acceptance criteria and user testing.
• Conducting Current State Analysis and Gap Analysis to clearly define and document existing systems, workflows and integration. This includes creating process flow diagrams and user personas.
• Ensuring key business objectives and user needs are being solved with the proposed solutions
• Creating scope and primary objective documentation for Proof of Concepts. Partner with technology teams to create testing scenarios for PoC and production.
• Facilitating routine conversations with project stakeholders and end users to continue iterating on conceptual and detailed design of solutions.
• Creating communication plans and facilitate communication to key project stakeholders on project updates, roadmap updates and outstanding decisions.
• Partnering with technology and business leadership on the creation and management of the long-term roadmap.
• Assisting with creating training plans
• Providing project management as needed for projects, including project planning, project budget oversight, development, change control, implementation, issue management, customer relations and team leadership
• You are a process guru with experience in creating, modifying and owning new processes
• At least six years combined functional and technical business experience
• Minimum three years information technology experience
• Demonstrated ability to successfully perform the various aspects of the Analyst role across multiple, complex system implementations with custom, third party and in-house developed applications.
• Ability to work as a part of a self-directed team
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints
• Ability to make a strong first impression and build trust, rapport and lasting relationships with business stakeholders, including engineers, end users and executives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak ''tech speak'' to techies, ''lay speak'' to laymen, and ''business speak'' to business leaders.
• Ability to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
• Strong facilitation, questioning and listening skills to ask right questions of individuals and groups to surface essential requirements information. Ability to listen to understand not only what people say, but what they mean, and to detect what they may be hesitant to say. Ability to think on your feet, to go beyond planned questions and respond to whatever input you hear from the people you are interviewing
KEYS TO SUCCESS
• Have an open 'what if' approach to everything.
• Ability to unabashedly think and share big thoughts
• Overcome initial 'that's how we do it', 'we've always done it this way' and 'that won't work here' pushback that is often encountered in any new initiative
• Ability to persist through roadblocks
• Position is based in Atlanta, with long-term Work from Home flexibility
• Will involve video conferencing meetings and workshops with our global technology and content production teams across the US, Europe, Asia and South America
• Will include occasional observation of production during off-hours, such as NBA games, wrestling matches and big news events.