The Head of Strategic Finance will direct and lead the overall preparation and presentation of accurate, timely, and relevant financial analysis to support WarnerMedia Latam executive management in the evaluation and strategic review of the Latam business and relevant projects.
This role will serve as a financial advisor and actively contribute to shaping the direction of the company's Latam business and implementing its strategy by having an in-depth understanding of business strategies, industry, economic, and technological factors impacting the organization. This role will drive the assessment and execution of strategic initiatives across WM Latam including external opportunities such as partnerships/M&A, internal projects such as major sports rights bids, and cross-functional business improvement initiatives. Responsibilities include leading quantitative and qualitative analysis, guide discussion with key stakeholders, develop recommendations. The position will also be responsible for consolidated budget and long-range planning, forecasting, analysis, interpretation of trends, and presentation of findings and specific recommendations to senior management. The Head of Strategic Finance will work closely with regional operational and finance executives and international finance executives.
• Advising the WM Latam executive management with ad hoc financial analysis and leading strategic projects that stretch across the region and the business units
• Leading the qualitative and quantitative analysis of potential initiatives, including strategic rationale, business case planning (including but not limited to financial impacts), acquisition/valuation analysis, risk assessment, market trends, and competitive environment.
• Liaising with WarnerMedia International on the state of the Latam business, monthly forecast movements, and communicating risks and opportunities
• Managing the annual budget and monthly forecast process for the region
• Direct cross-functional integration initiatives throughout the region
• Direct the planning, coordination, and preparation of the forecasts, budgets, and long-range plans, including financial models and business cases to support investment activities.
• Provide strategic analytical support and identify new solutions that enhance decision making and deliver innovative analyses that measure financial and operational performance.
• Direct the financial analysis and bid preparation of relevant sports rights in the region as they become due, material preparation for senior management review.
• Lead ad-hoc analysis connecting financial and operations data with market and competitive information to improve efficiency, guide resource allocation and help define strategic direction.
• Regularly interface with members of the WarnerMedia International senior management team to keep current on changes in the business operations.
• Create advanced ad hoc reporting and scorecards that track key financial and operating metrics for the businesses that will keep the management team aware of ''pulse points'' of the business.
• Develop high-level presentations and supporting documents used in communicating with Senior Financial and Operational Management.
• Lead/coach staff in the development of personal goals. Develop and manage growth opportunities for all staff that aligns with career paths. Continuously provide guidance and communicate expectations.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, related field, or bachelor's degree in any field combined with an MBA
• MBA or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, or related field highly preferred
• 15+ years professional experience with 1) extensive budgeting/forecasting, project execution, and financial modeling experience and 2) experience in media, technology or digital industries. Experience with Consulting firm preferred.
• 8+ years of experience in a role with demonstrated leadership, supervisory and long-term planning responsibilities
• Advanced technical and analytical skills in finance and general accounting; previous experience with financial applications and budget systems
• Demonstrated business acumen, strategic leadership ability, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Strong leadership skills with a mindset to develop a team and drive results
• Experience with process improvement and project management
• Strong executive presence with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Fluency in English and Spanish. Additional fluency in Portuguese nice to have
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7npm8-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.