WarnerMedia seeks a Graphics Supervisor for the HLN Design department. The Graphics Supervisor delegates tasks and works with designers to set goals, monitor productivity, provide growth opportunities, constructive criticism, feedback, nurture and coaching. Works in tandem with executive producers, editorial staff and control room staff to define projects, ensure quality control of on-air product, trouble shoot and develop effective workflow plans. The Graphics Supervisor is abreast and has a working knowledge of technology and software used within our industry. The Supervisor helps to develop the department culture, foster and maintain a healthy work environment that is conducive to creativity, growth and learning and productivity. This is a fast-paced and creative environment with many exciting opportunities to create some amazing work!
• Directly supervise a team of daily on-line graphic artists and provide creative direction on projects in accordance with established Production Design direction.
• Motivate, train and manage artists and actively create an overall creative atmosphere in the Graphics department.
• Work with artists and show production staff to determine needs and facilitate execution of projects. Acquire and utilize extensive knowledge of equipment operation, production techniques and engineering requirements to insure technically acceptable and innovative graphic designs.
• Execute creative objectives and anticipate possible graphic needs for breaking news stories and makes artist assignments accordingly.
• Effectively brainstorm with artists and provide creative guidance and leadership throughout execution and ensure extremely short deadlines are met.
• Identify needs and initiate solutions/projects to increase efficiency and effectiveness of shift production efforts.
• Prioritize and assign packages, full screens and other projects to insure most effective use of staff.
• Assume responsibility for on-air look and quality control (i.e. accuracy, design, etc.) of graphics on assigned shift. and Other duties as directed.
• Degree from accredited art school with emphasis in graphic design and composition, illustration, visual communications or related field, or equivalent work experience, with demonstrated knowledge of graphic design.
• 5+ years of television graphics production experience.
• Experience in training, leading and motivating people with demonstrated leadership ability.
• Maturity and ability to meet specific deadlines under stressful production conditions.
• Demonstrated ability to develop jobs, organizational structures and systems.
• Knowledge base: Splashtop, Windows and Mac platforms, Viz World Maps and templates, Object Store, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite.
• To be flexible with schedule, be ready to make quick adjustments to both graphics and template. Good communications skills with producers, design team and other coworkers is essential to meet scheduled deadlines. Be open to critiques and constructive criticism. To share a unique curiosity and enthusiasm for broadcast design, and the news in general, with work colleagues.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8m17-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.