Finance Leader / Controller
The Financial Analysis Manager position will be within the Special Projects team in WarnerMedia News & Sports Finance reporting to the Director, Financial Analysis. The role allows for a broad view of the WM News & Sports financials but will have a focus on the Sports-related reporting and analysis.
• Work on the first-look budget and long-range plan estimates of WM News and Sports, which may involve data-rich revenue and expense trend analyses and require creation of robust Excel models using data pivot tables, Power Query and/ or Power BI tools. Many of the models will be driven by internal data pulled from the WM News & Sports financial systems often using Oracle SmartView (Hyperion/ Essbase).
• Partner with the Sports Finance team within News & Sports Finance.
• Analyze and summarize the latest Sports financial outlook for communication with executives and will create ad-hoc reporting and strategic analyses including displacement programming and template models.
• Understand, analyze, and summarize key drivers of the Sports business.
• Assist in the review of business plans for new initiatives.
• Support executive management's decision-making related to both ongoing and new initiatives, consolidation and preparation of the WM News & Sports budget presentation and production and streamlining of insightful reports and ad-hoc presentations for WM News & Sports Executive Management.
• Partner and reach out, as needed, to other members of WM News & Sports Finance and different groups such as Line of Business, Research, and Ad Sales to gather data for Special Projects' reports and analyses.
• The well-qualified candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, 6+ years of relevant work experience, and a firm understanding of the principles and theories of finance, economics, and other related disciplines to support the development of sound financial business analyses.
• MBA is a plus.
• Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
• Knowledge of MS Excel data pivot models and/or Power Query and/ or Power BI is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience with Oracle SmartView/ Hyperion are a plus.
• Works under minimal supervision and performs a variety of tasks.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as well as, strong initiative and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, project/ deadline-driven environment.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands